What is the better roof rack, Garvin Exp. Rack or Kargo Master - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What is the better roof rack, Garvin Exp. Rack or Kargo Master

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #1
Drew99
2012 JK Wrangler 

What is the better roof rack, Garvin Exp. Rack or Kargo Master

Thinking of buying a roof rack, need some help on what is the better rack. Any info like pros and con or any other rack suggestions appreciatted.

Drew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #2
MattBrewTJ

<a href="http://www.shlingdawg.com" target="_blank">http://www.shlingdawg.com</a>
Unread 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
lwmsyndicate

They're both good racks. Between the two, I'd choose Kargo Master. I had a garvin, and if it tells you anything, this time around I got an Olympic Dave's rack and like it better than the garvin, but I think the Kargo Master is probably better, but it's hundres more expensive than my Dave's Rack was.
lwmsyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

From the ones I have seen, the Kargo Master looks better and is stronger IMO.
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Rigged

I've got the Garvin rack and it has worked out beautifully for me. I have not seen a Kargo Master in person, but I preferred the Garvin because of how close it got to the top and followed the lines a bit better. I know crappy reason why, but it works for me.
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
GIJOEBILL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I also like the lines and shape of the Garvin Wilderness Rack. The mounting brackets wre a selling point for my application. Shovel and ax or in my case paddles.They are available single or double brackets.Lighting brackets are also available.
I am starting to sound like a Sales Rep.
GIJOEBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I run Garvin bumpers front and rear and can attest to their quality. I don't think you'll be disappointed with their stuff.
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.