what is the BEST TJ CATBACK EXHAUST - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what is the BEST TJ CATBACK EXHAUST

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
cmoney336

what is the BEST TJ CATBACK EXHAUST

Hey,

I am very confused on what exhaust is the best for the cheapest. I'm looking for 65% performance and 35% sound.

Out of the 3... MAGNAFLOW DYNOMAX FLOWMASTER

Performance:

Sound:

Cost:

Piping diameter:

Model:

yeah which model is the best for each as well....i heard for sound it goes dynomax<magnaflow<flowmaster not sure on the performance tho. I'm looking to get a straight through muffler. Also, how hard is it to install a header and catback....or should have i have a mechanic do them. I heard 2.5" is the best.

HELP ME OUT PLZ, Thanks

cmoney336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
ScoobyDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney336
I am very confused on what exhaust is the best for the cheapest
STOCK
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
ATL TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This may help your decision...there is a rebate through 6/30/05 on Dynomax mufflers. I'm ordering the Ultra Flo SS next week #17282.

http://www.dynomax.com/rebateform.stm
ATL TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
got4-Lo

it wont help preformance, just sound

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
tweba99
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the dynomax catback from summit racing ($130 shipped) I didn't want it loud like flowmaster and some others and I think the dynomax has just the right sound....low with a rumble to it.
It was also the lowest price catback I could find with the same results as say a borla or banks catback and I searched nothing but good reviews on it.
tweba99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
ATL TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by got4-Lo
it wont help preformance, just sound
I don't need performance, I need to replace the stock muffler with a hole in it.
Unread 06-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #7
EvilRsix

will any of the catbacks fit with a long arm suspension like the RE5.5 or fabtech 6?
EvilRsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #8
ATL TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRsix
will any of the catbacks fit with a long arm suspension like the RE5.5 or fabtech 6?
Evil - Does the "Rsix" have anything to do with Yamaha? I just sold my 2002 R6 in February. Just curious if you ride/rode.
Unread 06-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #9
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL TJ
Evil - Does the "Rsix" have anything to do with Yamaha? I just sold my 2002 R6 in February. Just curious if you ride/rode.
i sold my 2003 Limited R6 last year to my cousin, so im double
whammy'd in pain for not having it anymore and because i see him
ALL THE TIME riding it.
JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 08:02 PM   #10
BostonJeep

I have the flowmaster system on mine, came that way from the dealer when i bought it. Had no idea what system it was till I crawled under to check things out tonight. I've only had the jeep for about a week now.
BostonJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #11
cmoney336

Spintech Exhaust

I just saw this spintech muffler website, is this thing really that good? or did they dyno it agains a dynomax super turbo (the weakest) against their top of the line? and is it really the = to the borla? hmm such choices
cmoney336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:21 PM   #12
ONE JEEPBRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoney336
I just saw this spintech muffler website, is this thing really that good? or did they dyno it agains a dynomax super turbo (the weakest) against their top of the line? and is it really the = to the borla? hmm such choices
Borla is just JUNK, so hopefully spintech muffler (which I know nothing about) is nothing like Borla. I personally know of three folks that had their Borla mufflers fail, and at least 2 that have had their Borla Headers take a crap on them. My opinion, if you ever thought about getting a Borla exhaust system for your TJ, think again
[COLOR=red][B]MODS: [/B] [/COLOR] [B]4.5 RE SUPERFLEX / 33inch SSR'S / WARN REAR BUMPER / JEEPERS & CREEPERS T-BODY / J&C DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM / J&C FRONT & REAR DIFF GUARD / WARN XD9000i WINCH & RECOVERY GEAR / ARB BULLBAR / PSC FULL ROLL CAGE / L.E.D TAILLIGHTS / IPF 930 SUPER RALLY LIGHTING / COBRA 75 WX ST CB / POWER TANK PT-10 OBA / TOM WOODS C/V / GARMIN 60CS GPS[/B]
[COLOR=red][B]CURRENT PROJECT:[/B][/COLOR] [B]Nth DEGREE ARMOR INSTALL[/B]
ONE JEEPBRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #13
SublimeJeep

who's got some good suggestions for a RE long arm kit cat back muffler set up? Just cut my muffler off, and its sounds like junk...so I need to pick something up fast. Thanks.
Unread 06-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #14
jeeper01ca
2000 TJ Wrangler 

DynoMax

after I added the intake system and throttle body spacer, I decided to go with a muffle, I didn't want to spend a month worth of work on it, so I went with the Dymomax, I got it installed today.
Not too expensive
Not too loud
Nice sound, sound of V8
Attracts attention, but not much, remember don't want those cops after us all the times ...
Jeep feels like got more torque on those 36's.

that's juts a muffler, I don't know much about catback, but the mechnic at Midas told me they are excellent mufflers.
Unread 06-24-2005, 01:44 AM   #15
xxxflhrci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL TJ
I don't need performance, I need to replace the stock muffler with a hole in it.
Then just buy a cheapo turbo muffler for 25 bucks........
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.