Went Topless.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Went Topless....

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Went Topless....

yesterday and it was great! No doors, no top and everyone really enjoyed it! Days like yesterday are one of the primary reasons I bought a Jeep!

Quick question though, when I was taking off my hard top, on each side where the top meets the tub, between screws #1 and #2 from front to rear, there is a little white plastic peice on each side, that is inserted from the bottom going up.

I don't have any top directions with my Jeep, what are these two peices for?

Thanks!!

Unread 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Gives something for the screws to attach to.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
JustANeon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

its a locater piece, it makes sure everything is in line where it should be
JustANeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

just don't bust 'em.

and i agree with your post. top down today, very nice out.

i live out away from the city, but made a trip to it for some errands, and saw about 3 - 4 jeeps top down. It was beautiful, and we all had smiles on our faces.

It's a jeep thing, right? No sunroof or rolled down windows will match the feeling you get top off. Haven't run doors off yet, but plan on it this summer.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
[ITA]Tsunami
Italian Wheeler in Mexico

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Same here in mexico, top off, no doors... i think i've felt this sensation only in a motobike... but in a jeep it's different, you are in a full imersion with everithing around you. I love it
However it is a strange twist in the cosmic thread that will not allow the driver of a Jeep that has experienced air bag deployment off-road to consume beef for 48 hours after the event. You can consume chicken, pork, turkey, or emu.
[ITA]Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
Bucks TJ

Agree with all. Top down doors off. Makes the payment every month that much more worth it.
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #7
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I went with the top off yesterday too!!! i kept the doors on though because it was oinly 56 degrees out...First time topless though and i loved it!
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Pyroteknik701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:19 AM   #8
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucks TJ
Agree with all. Top down doors off. Makes the payment every month that much more worth it.
It is really enjoyable when the Jeep is paid for!
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #9
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies!

Some great weather here, but a chance of rain this afternoon, so the top is back on.

I need some type of top removal device as the hard top is a bit to heavy for the wife to help with.

Time to warm up the search feature, I have seen some pretty good ideas here in the past, I just need to find them!
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Where are the pics?

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:00 AM   #11
jtpaintball70

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw
I can't wait till I get to experience that :P

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #12
SYN ACK
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Been riding topless lately and its great! Even got a slight sunburn yesterday!
SYN ACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood
Thanks for the replies!

Some great weather here, but a chance of rain this afternoon, so the top is back on.

I need some type of top removal device as the hard top is a bit to heavy for the wife to help with.

Time to warm up the search feature, I have seen some pretty good ideas here in the past, I just need to find them!
i completely removed my soft top, the safari top that was under it, and put my hard top back on by myself, in 22 minutes.

i've been using my car, so my jeep hasn't had the hardtop on in over 2 months. it's raining today, and my kids wanted me to bring it, so i swapped out tops for something different. it always surprises me how much more civilized the hard top makes it.
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw
I agree whole heartedly with that. I paid cash for mine and drove so much better off the lot than other vehicles I have financed before.
I've been driving with the top and doors off for about a month now. It's going to feel like I'm in a submarine when they go back on.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #15
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood
Thanks for the replies!

I saw a very inexpensive hard top removal on another forum ( I think it was another forum). They put 4 of the utility hooks in the ceiling of the carport and used the ratchet ties on each corner. Very simple, very effective and very cheap. I'll try to find the pics of it. My sister was complaining about how heavy they are.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.