Weak clutch pedal pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weak clutch pedal pressure

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 06-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
victorargu

Weak clutch pedal pressure

Hey guys I have 97 TJ 4.0 with an AX15. My TJ has been giving me problem shifting into gear. First I changed the clutch with a completely new kit. But that still didnít fix the problem. Then I changed the master cylinder, but still the symptoms remain. Just today I changed the slave cylinder and still it persists. So here are the symptoms: The clutch pedal will go to the floor. I can pump it and get some pressure to it and actually shift but after about an hour the pressure is completely gone again. There are absolutely no leaks and the fluid level does not go down!! What is the problem? I have replaced everything you can replace when it comes to the clutch except for the fluid line because there are no leaks. Does anyone have any ideas? And yes the cap is on tight, I torqued the pressure place to specs and the TJ will shift beautifully when I can keep pressure in the pedal.

victorargu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Jerky bump
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you bled the system I can't see where there would be a problem. I would bleed it again just to be sure. It sure sounds like air in the system. Not sure if you need to bleed the master cylinder first or not.
Jerky bump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
yjman8
1995 YJ Wrangler 

did you prime your new master cylider
yjman8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
gmtillery2002

I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport, I have the same problem with the clutch pedal. I changed all of the same components. When I bought the master cylinder and the slave cylinder, I was told that they were a closed unit and were factory bled. I even looked for a tool to bleed them again (which I could not find). But I am curious what the solution is to this problem too.
gmtillery2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did you remove (then replace) the rubber diaphram from the master cylnder prior to filling it with fluid? If not, the line could have air in it.
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorargu View Post
Hey guys I have 97 TJ 4.0 with an AX15. My TJ has been giving me problem shifting into gear. First I changed the clutch with a completely new kit. But that still didn’t fix the problem. Then I changed the master cylinder, but still the symptoms remain. Just today I changed the slave cylinder and still it persists.
When I replaced the clutch on my 98' 4.0,the slave and master cylinder was a sealed unit that requirded no bleeding.After install, simpy pushing in the clutch opened the sealed unit and fluid.You don't need to and shouldn't have to bleed it.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Sounds like air in the system.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.