His way worked. I mangaged to get mine out with just regular tools. My hinges were corroded, and looked like crap, like a lot of tailgate hinges I see, so I took them off to sandblast and paint also.
To put them back on, I used socket-head-cap-screws, allen head. I used stainless steel, with anti-seize. These work well, because the round head sits slightly down inside the countersink, so it does help hold the location, similar to the original flathead countersunk screws.
Just my opinion. Do whatever you like.
SOA, 8.8 locked, 30 w/95 shafts locked, SYE CV, weber, GM HEI, OBA, BL+TT, TJ flares, SW Talon 12.5K, 35s = Wheeling Jeep.
Laredo, 94K, sunroof, 4.0, selectrac, stock for now, plan a 3-4" lift and 265-75-16s = DD & Expedition Jeep.