Water Leak making pond in the floor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Water Leak making pond in the floor

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
CWyler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Water Leak making pond in the floor

Hey guys, I know that this gets asked often but I can't seem to find the answer to this specific problem. I bought this '02 last week and last night was the first big rain.

This is what I woke up to

Here are some pics of where it appears to me that the leak is coming from.

And where the drip ends up

What do I need to fix? I am literally brand new to Jeeps so I need your help, and with the forecast for the next week giving rain, I need help fast!

CWyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The gasket on your fresh air intake is shot or the cowl itself is plugged up with debris like leaves or pine needles etc.

Here is a good writeup on how to fix it

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...-fixed-893784/
Unread 11-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
CWyler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you! I searched around for an anewer honestly! I just didn't know if this was the same thing since it appears to come from the windshield/door/hinge junction
CWyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Athensdawgs81
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's true that clogged cowl can cause pooling in the floor board, as can the AC drain. I've had both those issues. But based on your pics I don't think you have any of those issues as it looks to be obviously leaking from one of the weather strips.
Athensdawgs81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Mine leaked just like that and it turned out to be the seal for the soft top where the door surround and windshield meet. Just put a piece of foam doir seal there and that will solve it.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
geroux
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the club... I've had a leak on the passenger side since mine was new ('04). Have had the dash apart and tried to find it with a hose and have had the cowl off. Still leaks.
geroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #7
dhdave

2004 TJ Wrangler 

just leave the drain plugs out lol
dhdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Strunk02TJ40

Idk.
Strunk02TJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.