want to change fog light panel switch with 4 wires to rocker switch with 3 terminals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > want to change fog light panel switch with 4 wires to rocker switch with 3 terminals

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
lomondpeak
2000 TJ Wrangler 

want to change fog light panel switch with 4 wires to rocker switch with 3 terminals

I am a jeep newbie... but trying to learn. I want to change the OEM fog light panel switch to a rocker switch. the OEM switch has four wires (black, green, brown, orange) feeding into it, the new rocker switch has three terminals... which wire goes where???

thanks in advance

lomondpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Brew461

Is the switch you are changing to back lit? That orange wire is probably for the switch illumination. The other three are the 12v source, 12v feed and ground for the switch illumination. Welcome to the forum.
Unread 11-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why do you want to take out a nice switch that looks good and put in some other thing?
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
lomondpeak
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew461 View Post
Is the switch you are changing to back lit? That orange wire is probably for the switch illumination. The other three are the 12v source, 12v feed and ground for the switch illumination. Welcome to the forum.
thanks for the welcome. the new switch has an LED that illuminates when activated... is that what you mean? If so, where do I put the orange wire?
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
lomondpeak
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
Why do you want to take out a nice switch that looks good and put in some other thing?
The new switches actually look better and are more difficult to accidentally switch on... any thoughts on which wires go where?
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

When I put in my fog light switches, I read this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fo...oblems-576497/

It will help you take them out.
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think Brew was meaning the orange for illumination not when the switch is on... but when you turn yoru headlights on... your interior switches light up.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.