Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vibrations

819 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  smunns 
#1 ·
I have some weird vibrations going on with my Jeep. They aren't too rough, feel like they are coming from the front, and happen at anything over 45-50mph. They stop if I put it in 4wd, but resume once it's back in 2wd. I plan on pulling my front driveshaft to see if maybe it's out of balance. It has all new u-joints, so the only things I can think of are an out of balance driveshaft, or possibly my D30's u-joints. Any ideas? Am I thinking right?

#3 ·
Rocky529 said:
I would check the balance on your wheels and that they are filled with the same PSI.
They are freshly balanced and filled to the same PSI. I just put new wheels and tires on my Jeep last week. The vibes have been going on since before I got the new tires/wheels, so I know that's not it.

#6 ·
Pulled the axle end of the front driveshaft, and the vibes went away. I then took the front driveshaft into a local shop and had them balance it. It was balanced, and they confirmed that all my u-joints and the cv centering kit are good. I re-installed the shaft, and although not as bad, I still get vibes. Any other ideas. I find it really strange that they completely go away in 4wd. Could it be the front pinion angle? (3" lift, 1" MML, 1" tcase drop)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.