Vibration after SYE + CV. What could it be? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vibration after SYE + CV. What could it be?

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #31
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutgin
Are we sure it's pinion angle causing vibration? Could be a number of other things.
It's the first thing he should make sure is perfect. Then move on down the list

My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #32
TheOrffs
2003 TJ Wrangler 

rubicon what else could it be. The tires are balanced, the jeeps aligned, pinion bearing are good, dont know what else.
TheOrffs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #33
Barcus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are you getting vibes during accelerating/decelerating? If that's the only time you get vibes then its your pinion angles.
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #34
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

When I did mine, I put the rear on jackstands, removed the rear tires, and ran it like that at all speeds to see if there was driveline vibration without the possibility of feeling vibration from the wheels.
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
When I did mine, I put the rear on jackstands, removed the rear tires, and ran it like that at all speeds to see if there was driveline vibration without the possibility of feeling vibration from the wheels.
With the jackstands on the frame or the axle?
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #36
fowfiddy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i would say it is the rear output shaft nut torque spec. in the destructions they call for i believe 150ft-lbs i found this to not be enough and tightented mine to 185 and the vibes went away. your pinion angle can be set to the eye i believe. you want your ujoint at the axle to be as straight as possible
fowfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #37
jutgin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrffs View Post
rubicon what else could it be. The tires are balanced, the jeeps aligned, pinion bearing are good, dont know what else.
I just fixed my 40 mph wobble with new driver side ball joints. That may be something to check if it has not been already.
jutgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #38
TheOrffs
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your help everyone it was the pinion angle. I just fixed a couple minutes ago. All i had to do was lengthen the rear upper control arms to straighten out the pinion angle. I also just fixed the lean of the jeep. The jeep was leaning to the passenger side by like an inch and i used the sway bar links to fix it.
TheOrffs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #39
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrffs View Post
Thanks for your help everyone it was the pinion angle. I just fixed a couple minutes ago. All i had to do was lengthen the rear upper control arms to straighten out the pinion angle. I also just fixed the lean of the jeep. The jeep was leaning to the passenger side by like an inch and i used the sway bar links to fix it.
I'm glad you figured it out!

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
With the jackstands on the frame or the axle?
For future reference, I had my jackstands under the axle so that everything was sitting the way it would be while driving. I had made my own driveshaft by shortening an xj front shaft and wanted to check my work. It had no vibration so I was relieved.

OP, good to hear you got it fixed, happy wheeling!
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
beadlock , exhaust , lift , long arm , Tie rod end

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.