Vibration above 60mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vibration above 60mph

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Vibration above 60mph

I really need your advice...

I'm troubleshooting a vibration/drone that I get above 60mph. It is only there with the front driveshaft in. Bought a new driveshaft, drone is still there. Remove driveshaft, drone gone (same story with both driveshafts). Bearings in transfer case and pinion are good. Tranny mount is about 30k old, and motor mounts are about 15k old. I just simply do not know what else to check/replace. Please help! Thanks.

Dashash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How's your pinion angle?
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Well, I've fiddled with it before, and only really noticed a change in handling (easier/harder to steer). I'll have to check it again. Last I remember, I set it to a compromise between good caster and good angle (pointing at t-case).
Dashash is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.