vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vibration

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
scooberjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

vibration

i have a 99 TJ on 35's, 4.5 suspension and 1.25 body lift, sye and tummy tucker tranny skid plate, 4.0L manual trans. 4.88 gears, ford 8.8 w/ auburn e locker/LSD, d30 open. stock front drive shaft.

ok now to my question
recently i have been getting a bad vibration on accel and up hills, feel it in my feet. i replaced the rear u joint that was bad changed pinion angle. and it didn't help
the vibe goes away in 4wd
i have a bad wheel bearing on the right rear
and the front drive line has slight movement at the slip, has alway been like it since i bought it

nothing changed when the vibe started i think it started when i made a sharp u turn, since then its been their

please help its driving me crazy and i don't want it to destroy something

scooberjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
kelso1337
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Does the vibe go away almost instantly if you out the clutch down during the vibration? Good test to find out if it is for sure drive line or another component.

Sure sounds like ujoint or driveline related
kelso1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Feeling it at your feet usually means front driveline. I'd D/C the front shaft and see if it goes away.
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
scooberjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yes letting off the gas or putting the clutch in, makes it go away, same with being in sing 4wd drive. at cruising spend its barely noticable and its not really their if i get on it after a like 45-50ish and if i take off really slow it doesn't do it till their is a hard load on the engine/drivetrain
Unread 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
kelso1337
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Look at your front drive shaft joints
kelso1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
scooberjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

removed the front shaft didn't change anything, it feels like something is knocking around the tranny area

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.