Vibrating/creaking/a noise around 9-12mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vibrating/creaking/a noise around 9-12mph

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 06-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Vibrating/creaking/a noise around 9-12mph

Im not really sure how to describe this noise, but I'm hoping those of you who haw had this problem will know exactly what I'm talking about lol. It usually only happens when I'm going really slow, about 8-12mph. It happens on decel/braking, but also on coasting to a stop or when driving that slow. Sometimes on accel at that mph range too. Just sounds like something's making a noise underneath. Well I know it IS, just not sure what it is yet. Any ideas?

TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Check your u joints. I had that problem on another rig, and the needle bearings were dust. Is the noise coming from the front or the rear?
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can't tell for sure but I'd guess the front. It doesn't do it everytime either, just usually when I'm slowing down slowly.
TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Put the front on jackstands and rotate the wheels and see if u can duplicate the noise to help pinpoint it

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.