Vibes gone !! Yeah!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vibes gone !! Yeah!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Vibes gone !! Yeah!!

Well, I did it. I finished installing my JB Conversions SS SYE and T.W. drive shaft, plus JKS upper adj. control arms. Now that I am thru, I could do it in about half the time. I made a few mistakes along the way that screwed me up pretty good.

I forgot to disco the front driveshaft at the transfer case before I seperated the 2 halves of the case, so when I put the impact on the yoke nut, the vibrations made the magnet fall out and break in 3 pieces. ( If you live in Htown you'll laff at this...I found another magnet at a dealership by the dome, so I drove over there from Kingwood. when I got there the bag had been opened and re-sealed with something else in it.. SHI^!! but they found another one... in Conroe. So, 3 hours and $30 dollars in gas later I had a $5.00 part )

I had a rough time getting the oil pump splines to line up with the shaft, took about 30 minutes to get the cover on all the bolts in and torqued properly,.... then I noticed a familiar 3" long spring on the floor.....back apart, clean off my old RTV, new RTV then back under the Jeep, install spring, and a fight with the oil pump.

The JKS control arms were pretty easy too. contrary to the instructions, I removed both of them together. The muffler made the passenger side one a pain. then I set the pinion angle using a floor jack on the front part of the diff. I then measured the distance and made both control exactly the same. then it was just a matter of putting them in. same hassle with the muffler, but no biggie

JKS grease zerks don't have the check ball in them, just the nipple. so when I put the grease gun on one and pumped, then pulled the gun off, the grease quickly exited the fitting faster than it went in. Note to self: replace zerks.

Anyway, I learned alot by doing it 100% by myself.
It was even kinda fun, and best of all vibes are gone.

PS. the yoke at the TC output shaft uses bolts to conecct to the DS, atleast that's what came with the kit. allen head socket bolts would be MUCH,MUCH better, I had to grind down a half inch, opened end wrench to fit.

suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
scrappy

just a note on the jks zerk fittings. They do not screw in. they are pressed on. i have them on my jks quick discos and said the same thing. after i pryed the old fitting off i thought i was screwed since there were no threads. i called jks and they sent me a new one which they were doubtful i would be able to press on. i got it on and will not mess with it again. i dont know why they use these.......
99 TJ Sport 4.0 5sp, 30/44 aussie/truetrac and 4.88's, 4.5 RE, 1"BL/MML, 35" Toyo M/T's, Ramsey REP8000, JKS discos, Warn Flares 6", Tera rear discs, Jeeperman sliders and rear bumper/tire carrier, Nth oil skid, Currie HD steering, 33 engineering TT skid, JB conversions 231HD transfer case w/SYE/CV, Kilby steering box skid/gas tank skid, incab winch controller, Edge Trail Jammer, Baja RS seats, Viair OBA,
My Jeep
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy
just a note on the jks zerk fittings. They do not screw in. they are pressed on. i have them on my jks quick discos and said the same thing. after i pryed the old fitting off i thought i was screwed since there were no threads. i called jks and they sent me a new one which they were doubtful i would be able to press on. i got it on and will not mess with it again. i dont know why they use these.......
can't the holes be tapped?
suicide is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.