vent controls - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vent controls

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 05-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
nate00
1998 XJ Cherokee 

vent controls

does anybody know why when i switch from vent to the floor to the a/c vents it takes a while then switches. by a while i mean like a minute or more.

nate00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You could possibly have a small vacuum leak somewhere. Then again, vacuum motors were never designed for reaction speed...

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
nate00
1998 XJ Cherokee 

even if its off, when i turn it directly to the a/c vents it starts at the defrost, then moves to the floor then to the a/c vents
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Vacuum motor control systems are slow to react sometimes. A lack of proper vacuum supply (due to a leak) could make it worse. There is also the possibility that the peice on the back of your knob is cracked (blue plastic that slips over the posts). Check the back of your knobs and check for vacuum leaks. I justed noticed you said over a minute, so something isn't right. Those are the two things I would check first. One common place for a vacuum leak is the rubber elbow on the end of the plastic line at the lower portion of the intake manifold near the rear. That boot can get oil on it and swell, creating a loose fit.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
nate00
1998 XJ Cherokee 

alright thanks for the help

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.