Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vanco Big Brake - Knuckle question

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  newbs 
#1 ·
I have a kit on order, and I had a question. How does the Vanco knuckle compare to the stock piece? Is the steering part of the knuckle the same as the stock one? I know the knuckle is modified to accept a different caliper, but I'm thinking that the arm that attaches to the rod ends are the same? I just wanted to know if I had to adjust for alignment after the install.

#2 ·
I didn't have to realign after installing mine, but then there may be subtle differences in each knuckle. They looked like the same, where the tie rod attaches, to me.

Tip: follow the break in instructions....and when it says the brakes will improve over time....it does.

#4 ·
The knuckles I have on mine (YJ) were machined for the calipers like you mentioned, but as far as the steering goes, they send knuckle units out for stock steering links which allows you to alter them as necessary.

Mine is the Big Brake kit which typically gets installed/used on 16" wheels (12" rotors & dual 48MM calipers), but they fit fine for my application.

My brakes are now nothing shy of incredible. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.