Vanco Big Brake Kit and ORO U-Turn? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vanco Big Brake Kit and ORO U-Turn?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
robncar
We're BACK!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Vanco Big Brake Kit and ORO U-Turn?

Will the Vanco big brake kit work with the ORO U-Turn steering kit? If so, anyone run this setup? Thanks!

robncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'd ask mrblaine or contact Vanco directly. When you order the kit or call to ask questions, you can specify what steering you've got and they'll let you know how compatible they are.

I'd THINK that they'd test with that steering setup. mrblaine is very thorough about that it seems.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
PackMan

Location: Home of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl
I'd ask mrblaine or contact Vanco directly. When you order the kit or call to ask questions, you can specify what steering you've got and they'll let you know how compatible they are.

I'd THINK that they'd test with that steering setup. mrblaine is very thorough about that it seems.
And IIRC, he didn't have a lot of good things to say about the ORO setup. I couldn't tell for sure, his post was dripping with his usual dry sarcasm.

Seriously, I'd go to the source on that. Blaine seems to be very thorough in his testing with the Vanco kit.
[SIZE="1"][I]OME 2.5" (930 front, 942 rear), Daystar 3/4" front spacers, OME N66/N67 shocks, JKS adj track bars, JKS BBL, JKS BMML, really cool toddler booster seats,
Jeeperman bumpers and rockers, IPF 968, Cobra 75WX CB, sPod switches, Cheerios under the rear seat, Skid Row engine and steering box, MORE steering
shaft lift, crayon marks on the sport bar, Napa SC2928 steering stabilzer, Warn xd9000i winch, something that smells bad on the passenger side rear
fender that a child probably had something to do with, HiLift jack, a .357 Magnum S&W, and an Indianapolis Colts SBXLI World Champion window sticker. [/I][/SIZE]
PackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #4
robncar
We're BACK!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Guys. Yes, I know I can call Vanco or contact Blaine. I was hoping to get some first hand knowledge of this setup IF someone was actually running it. Perhaps, Blaine will also see this thread and post...
robncar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
mrblaine
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robncar
Thanks Guys. Yes, I know I can call Vanco or contact Blaine. I was hoping to get some first hand knowledge of this setup IF someone was actually running it. Perhaps, Blaine will also see this thread and post...
Of course it will work with Steve's steering. Special consideration was given to those customers who choose to run it in that zero allowances would have to be made to retrofit Van's kit onto a rig that has the U-turn set-up.

The unit bearing bolt bosses on the backside of the knuckle that the U-turn brackets use for attachment points have been machined down so Van's bracket can be installed and the top of his bracket winds up exactly flush with the remaining boss. Essentially the U-turn bracket doesn't even know anything has been done to the knuckle.

There will always be an allowance made for some aftermarket steering. Even though I may not personally be fond of something doesn't mean I don't respect the fact that his steering is a problem solving solution for those with variable height suspensions.

His kit has even been used on the Tera high steer knuckle and the Toys By Troy high steer kit.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.