Using my existing soft top frame for a bowless soft top? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
WranglerMoney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Using my existing soft top frame for a bowless soft top?

I have been looking into various bowless soft tops, as I like the look of them, and I just came across a dilemma.. Will my pre existing Bestop hardware suffice if I choose to buy a BT: Trektop, or is it a completely different frame set? Also, I have read some reviews on various tops and it seems that the Trektop wins in most categories such as noise, leakage, and cleaning.. Any other suggestions of a good bowless top with the same attributes? Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 09:51 AM
gregstudeny
2006 WK 

A bowless top will not use your existing frame. That's what makes it bowless.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 10:50 AM
electrolime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop includes the door surrounds and all the needed frame stuff anyway right?

03 Rubicon - Current | 04 Rubicon - Totaled | 99 Audi A4 - Daily
#donthatethechrome #elheep

post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 10:51 AM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It depends on how old your current Bestop is. If it's the pre NX designs then different door surrounds and header are used. The current Trektop uses factory style door surrounds and header. The other frame stuff is not used, hence "frameless top".

Shouldn't matter though as I thought all Trektops came with all the necessary hardware (door surround and header included).

If you have all the necessary factory hardware you could buy the Pavement Ends version which looks to be basically the same thing. Pavement Ends is a Bestop subsidiary.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
WranglerMoney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
It depends on how old your current Bestop is. If it's the pre NX designs then different door surrounds and header are used. The current Trektop uses factory style door surrounds and header. The other frame stuff is not used, hence "frameless top".

Shouldn't matter though as I thought all Trektops came with all the necessary hardware (door surround and header included).

If you have all the necessary factory hardware you could buy the Pavement Ends version which looks to be basically the same thing. Pavement Ends is a Bestop subsidiary.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the Replace-a-top version and thats why I was questioning the frame compatibility. I guess I didn't realize that the bowless tops were completely frameless.. The Pavement Ends ones look really clean! I'm definitely weighing out my few options.

Tags
bestop , bowless , soft top frame , trektop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.