upgrading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > upgrading

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-01-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
slimcjp

upgrading

looking to upgrade to bigger tires. 35" to be exact. should i use 4.56 gears or 4.88 gears. also i have a 3" suspension lift kit installed and all i need is 4" lift springs and larger shocks. is there any company that will sell me just those things. and do i need anything else to upgrade to 35" tires?

slimcjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
CoryB

What rear diff do you have? A D35 won't hold up for very long with 35" tires.

What is your intended usage for the Jeep? 4" of lift will work for the street but not on the trail unless you bumpstop the heck out of it. Or you could sawzall the fenders.

How about longer anti-swaybar links?
Adjustable control arms?
SYE or t/case drop?

You have more things to consider here...
CoryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
Animal

For 35 tyres youll need to put a body lift of at least 1" on and if you use 12.5 wide the brake lines and steering stops will need work
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.