Upcoming Jeep Wrangler and Scrambler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Upcoming Jeep Wrangler and Scrambler

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 10-31-2003, 08:14 AM   #1
Lady Liberty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Upcoming Jeep Wrangler and Scrambler

Jeep Wrangler and Scrambler
The ancient Jeep Wrangler will get a facelift for 2005 or 2006, with a new grille (!), and a composite or metal top with removable roof and side panels. The Wrangler is also expected to have the new 3.7 liter V6 since DCX is intent on eliminating unnecessary engines and transmissions. As we predicted, 2003 models saw the old 2.5 AMC four cylinder quietly replaced with the 2.4 liter four on base models.

A four door version is rumored and has in fact been market-tested for years. 2003 would be a moderately strange time to bring it out, but then, since the Cherokee - which was close to being a four-door Wrangler - is gone, maybe a four-door Wrangler would make sense to fit the Cherokee's "hard-core but not that hard-core" niche.

Rumors have sprung up on whether the Wrangler will be discontinued when new Federal safety regulations come into play. It is also rumored that the Wrangler was nearly cut in the Chrysler "restructuring" due mainly to the age of the Kenosha plant. DCX executives may choose to relocate production when it is revised - or they may cut it entirely, much to the detriment of the Jeep brand. It is slated for a redesign in 2006, at which time we suspect it will get an independent front suspension and a number of safety enhancements. For the moment, the Wrangler seems alive.

One bit of evidence for the continued survival of the Wrangler is the confirmed 2005 pickup, called the Scrambler, which is closely based on the Wrangler. Volume is currently projected at about 20,000 units.

http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming.html

[COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOr] & [COLOR=white]JEEP OWNERS[/COLOR] OF [COLOR=blue]AMERICA CLUB[/COLOR] Member#7
[URL=http://www.newjo.org/NEWJO/home.html]NEWJO[/URL]
Lady Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2003, 11:44 AM   #2
Ned97sahara

I heard they dropped the scrambler line? If they come out with it and it looks like the brute then I'm in for one of them.

Ned
3rd jeep:2004 grand cherokee WJ special edition
W/MTR 245/75/R16's (sold for 07 Ranger)
Ned97sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2003, 12:51 PM   #3
Savage4x4

i meant to post this when i got my rubi but i talked to the sales guy and he said they will be comming out with the scramblers again. Trying to talk the wife into to buying her one, but i think a jeep with a p/u like bed would turn her off. hehe. i cant wait to see one. They danged well better not discontinue this jeep stuff, cause i just got into it! hehe. IFS oh man, i can see the liberty but who's gonna want an IFS wrangler? On the other hand, ive seen a few rock crawlers going with ifs...
Savage4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
sstaurus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I heard the scrambler is good to go again too. Also DC is planning to add a few small 'soft-core' SUVs to the jeep lineup.

However, articles are always coming out speculating this or that, and I think there's no way to tell anything until it happens, or DC releases something official. Of course, I'll be hoping they don't mess with the Wrangler! I think they have enough vehicles to mess with, and they can add as many more as they want I could care less, but why can't they leave one alone for the enthusiasts
sstaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2003, 04:53 PM   #5
doorocks
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
sstaurus]I heard the scrambler is good to go again too. Also DC is planning to add a few small 'soft-core' SUVs to the jeep lineup.

However, articles are always coming out speculating this or that, and I think there's no way to tell anything until it happens, or DC releases something official. Of course, I'll be hoping they don't mess with the Wrangler! I think they have enough vehicles to mess with, and they can add as many more as they want I could care less, but why can't they leave one alone for the enthusiasts
[/I]

Well, it would almost seem moronic and economically unwise to discontinue the production of the "wrangler" style. Since it is their flagship vehicle and always has been. That's as bad as Chevy discontinuing the corvette........which will never happen, or Ford chopping the mustang. I can easily see the Scrambler showing up again, the earlier models rocked! I've seen a few around here with the convertible option and they still look good 17 years later.

My other question would be, why would DC no longer use the inline model? It's been their most reliable engine to date, in the Jeeps and Mercedes for over 60 years each!

Don't forget about the marketing "tools" that corporations use in order to "feel" the public out............this whole press could simply be R&D.

Be safe and do get stuck once in a while.............
doorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 12:41 AM   #6
Kris B Krunch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorocks
[/I]

Well, it would almost seem moronic and economically unwise to discontinue the production of the "wrangler" style. Since it is their flagship vehicle and always has been. That's as bad as Chevy discontinuing the corvette........which will never happen, or Ford chopping the mustang. I can easily see the Scrambler showing up again, the earlier models rocked! I've seen a few around here with the convertible option and they still look good 17 years later.

My other question would be, why would DC no longer use the inline model? It's been their most reliable engine to date, in the Jeeps and Mercedes for over 60 years each!

Don't forget about the marketing "tools" that corporations use in order to "feel" the public out............this whole press could simply be R&D.

Be safe and do get stuck once in a while.............
Man, I agree with you completly. And if DC is just trying to get a "feel" of the public on this, then good. they will know not to mess with the TJ (us Canadains only call it that). I don't mind improvements like the rubicon(I'd love to be able to affoard one), but IFS is only for Mall Crawlers.
Warn xd9000i, 35x12.50 MT/R's, SYE/CV driveshaft.
8.8 with 4.56's front and back with an Aussie Locker up front. Poison Spyder HD steering upgrade.
Kris B Krunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
franco802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris B Krunch
Man, I agree with you completly. And if DC is just trying to get a "feel" of the public on this, then good. they will know not to mess with the TJ (us Canadains only call it that). I don't mind improvements like the rubicon(I'd love to be able to affoard one), but IFS is only for Mall Crawlers.
I agree with you as well . Leave the Wrangler alone!!!
04' X, 5 speed, 4.0L,hardtop,kilby PS armor,Warn rock guards,2"RE BB w/DT3000 shocks, hi-lift jack,15x8 Black crawlers with 31x10.5 Procomp X-Terrains, Hurst short throw shifter Hella 500's offroad AND driving lights . Warn X8000i winch w/ Tomken mounting plate
White Jeep Club member #802
FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB MEMEBER #21
SoCal Jeep Club Member #4
2006 GTO & 1986 K5 Blazer
franco802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 03:09 PM   #8
rkutzner

Hey Kris! I was up Canada way a couple months back and saw lots of TJs...and they all had TJ stickers on the side. Is that how they are badged up there.....that was COOL!!! And my buddys all say TJ......

Everything SELF INSTALLED.

The Serious Stuff:4.5 RE LA, 35" MT/Rs, 4.88s, Super44 w/Detroit, D30 w/Ptrax, SYE, Tera 4:1, 2LOW & Rear Disks, AntiRock, Lotsa Skids (some homemade!), Nth Shock Shifters, Patriot 9500...and LOTS more !
rkutzner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.