Up travel ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Up travel ?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Up travel ?

Just got testing my jeep with the new 36" tsl sx and didn't have any trouble untill i really get it crossed up. It needs about another 1/2" of bump stopage front and rear. My question is, How much up travel is needed for the street. Once I put the other 1/2" in I will have 3.5 to 4 inches of up travel before the bump stops hit.. Do you guys think that will be enough?

1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.

Last edited by champelite210; 07-23-2010 at 11:41 AM..
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
bigwahini
1998 TJ Wrangler 

set up

Just don't let the Barnhog twins in the back and you'll be fine.
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

i would go 4" with the stock bump stops in place, and 5" to the tip of the cup when they get compressed. that should be ample.
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like i will be adding about a 1/2" of something in there. Just went outside and looked at my brothers stock 3/4 ton Dodge p/u with cummins motor and he only has about 2" between his bump stops on the front. I'm sure if it's good enough for his truck then a little more than 3" will be fine for my jeep.
1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
up travel , bumpstop , reccomendation , advice

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.