Unlimited04's LJ Build - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited04's LJ Build

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #451
55willystruck

Man I need to visit CO sometime-scenery looks incredible...

Best of Luck,

Mike

55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #452
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdittyrocks View Post
I'm not sure if you are planning on building a lid for your trailer or if these would work for your application, but I have 2 - 200# gas struts that you can have. They were a little light for my application and are collecting dust. Let me know if you want them.
Thanks! PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler905 View Post
Last one is a great shot!
thanks! gotta give credit to COLOUXJ for taking that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55willystruck View Post
Man I need to visit CO sometime-scenery looks incredible...
yup, it's awesome.

since it's been around 98-105F for like a week now, the trail was real busy with people trying to get up and enjoy the cooler temps at high elevation. we came across this group on the trail, who had previously stopped for another group which was in front of them. there was even more vehicles behind us too.

if you've been watching the national news, you've probably heard about the numerous wildfires in Colorado. You can see a good bit of haze in the pics.

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #453
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You're killing me Mike!

Wish I could have gone up with you guys.
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #454
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

want to make some cheap tie-down points? take an old chain, cut a whole bunch of links with a grinder.

tack weld them all over the place!

Unread 07-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #455
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The trailer is coming along nicely ! I wish we would have had more time to hit some of the high country , but we ran out of days . Next time ...
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #456
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

Omg great pictures, I'm leaving for Colorado this saturday and can't wait for the wonderful scenery out there. Heading for the San Juan Mountain area. Hope the Jeep survives the trip.....
Btw, did the new cat setup solve your problems? The heat and CEL problems?
MattJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #457
mhopton
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
Thanks! PM sent!

thanks! gotta give credit to COLOUXJ for taking that one

yup, it's awesome.

since it's been around 98-105F for like a week now, the trail was real busy with people trying to get up and enjoy the cooler temps at high elevation. we came across this group on the trail, who had previously stopped for another group which was in front of them. there was even more vehicles behind us too.

if you've been watching the national news, you've probably heard about the numerous wildfires in Colorado. You can see a good bit of haze in the pics.

Hey Mike, I recognize that location where the Jeeps are all lined up as the back side of RedCone...right? Was there riding out of Breckenridge a couple of years ago on dualsport motos - had a frikin' blast riding all over and around Redcone.

I'm in all black riding the WR450.

Can't wait to get back.

Mike
mhopton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #458
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

After months of patiently waiting/searching, craigslist provides once again. It didn't fit in the Jeep, so it had to go on top of the roll bars Obviously it will go on the trailer when finished

It's a Mombasa brand from Car-Top-Tent.com. The cover is trashed and will need replaced, but the rest of the tent is in great shape and hasn't seen much use. I think I got a fair deal on the tent, but I'll have to buy a new cover eventually (which costs $120+ ) Until then, I'll be attempting to repair this one with my rudimentary sewing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopton View Post
Hey Mike, I recognize that location where the Jeeps are all lined up as the back side of RedCone...right? Was there riding out of Breckenridge a couple of years ago on dualsport motos - had a frikin' blast riding all over and around Redcone.
Yuppers, Red Cone indeed. I really like that trail, but unfortunately that trip was very crowded. I'd like to try the bike thing some day...it looks like a blast and more gas friendly way to get around and see some country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
The trailer is coming along nicely ! I wish we would have had more time to hit some of the high country , but we ran out of days . Next time ...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJeep View Post
Omg great pictures, I'm leaving for Colorado this saturday and can't wait for the wonderful scenery out there. Heading for the San Juan Mountain area. Hope the Jeep survives the trip.....
Btw, did the new cat setup solve your problems? The heat and CEL problems?
Did you get your D35c problem figured out? Sorry you weren't closer or could have come to help. As for cat/heat/CEL....the CEL was definitely caused by the bad cat, but i'm still working through some details.
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #459
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That is awesome. Judging by the size of the tent, you could probably mount it right on top of the Jeep to be used too.
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #460
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

Ya it was actually that loose uca bolt, thank god. Everything held up, on my way home now. Poughkeepsie was tough, only made it halfway through from the top down. Nobody else was down there with me, and I didn't wanna get stuck so I turned around. We did a ton of other trails though. Gorgeous place.
MattJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #461
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Chassis saver done. ready for caulking, body filler & Monstaliner.

Tent

Gotta build a lid next....
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #462
scottyperry
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
Chassis saver done. ready for caulking, body filler & Monstaliner.

Tent

Gotta build a lid next....
so dope.
scottyperry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #463
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The trailer looks great , should make for a nice platform away from civilization . Whats the plans for the lid ?
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #464
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
The trailer looks great , should make for a nice platform away from civilization . Whats the plans for the lid ?
tdittyrocks gave me two 200lb struts, I'll be using those. I may take a few ideas from his M416 trailer...the lid will be 1" square tubing like the tub, but I may use plywood for the sides instead of sheet steel to save weight.
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #465
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i would advise aluminum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.