Unlimited springs and shocks on a SE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited springs and shocks on a SE

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-03-2006, 06:49 AM   #1
jeeptj19992001

Unlimited springs and shocks on a SE

installed a set of springs and shocks takeoffs from a unlimited last night on a SE 4 banger. we thought we get a little lift from them since the the 97's shocks were toast anyway. well we were very surprised when we were finished. gained 2". makes a cheap lift for a se.

Last edited by jeeptj19992001; 02-03-2006 at 08:36 AM..
jeeptj19992001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
rhinoss

I would imagine there would be a significant difference in ride quality due to the increased spring rate of the Unlimited's springs. What is the ride like?
[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]4.5" RE Superflex[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]RE 3.5 springs[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]Adj front/rear track bars[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]RE Gen 2 Disco's[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]MORE 1" MM[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]RE 1" TC drop[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/b]Jeeperman Trail Skidz[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/b]Warn rear / Bobbed stock front bumper[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]33x10 BFG AT's[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/b]
[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/b]Kenwood KDC-MP5028[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]iPod interface[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]Excelon 4x6[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]Excelon 6"[B][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/B]
[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/b]Stuffed Chicken riding shotgun[b][COLOR=Sienna]|[/COLOR][/b][/SIZE]
rhinoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
honaker

That is encouraging. I have a set that I have been meaning to put on my '99 Sport. Perhaps it will compliment the tires and wheels that I moved from the Unlimited.
Unread 02-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
jeeptj19992001

the ride quility sucked before, now it feels nice and tight.
Unread 02-03-2006, 08:39 AM   #5
exc911ence

I installed a set of springs and shocks from a hardtop 04 Rubicon onto my old 01 SE softtop and got 1" of lift. The ride in the rear was REALLY stiff... like there was no suspension at all back there. Actually, now that I think about it, it rode like a YJ...
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.