Unlimited soft top window - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited soft top window

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
Ozzman0519

Unlimited soft top window

Tried to search for this but didnt have any luck so forgive me if this question is so old that it could remember Jebus's middle name.

Been roaming around the dealers because I plan on buying a new Unlimited (will be my first jeep ) and most likly Im going to have to order one from the factory to get what I want.

While roaming around the dealers I noticed that some of the soft top side windows, for the rear, had that canvas strip running across it like the normal sized jeeps do. It's the one that protects the window from scratching from the hardware behind it and then some Unlimiteds did not have this strip. Is this because they're newer/older models of the Unlimited or is it a specific option I need to be sure to look for when I make my order?

Sort of a silly question but since it's my first jeep I gota make it perfect.

Thanks

Ozzman0519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
Vauxilicon05

I noticed this too, I got my Unlimited Rubicon about a month and a half ago and got the dual top and completely forgot to mention the different soft tops and which one I wanted, but luckily mine came with the one that has the canvas strip to save the window. Which as I drive down the high way with the sunrider top open you can tell it is needed....as far as having to order it specifically?? I really don't know. I noticed that the majority of the khaki unlimted (whether rubicons or not) had the canvas strip. A black one I looked at buying didn't have it, a white one I looked at didn't have it, the red one did have it...hmm...can't remember the rest. All of the ones I looked at were '05's and I couldn't figure out why some had it and some didn't. I would say when you order yours, ask about it, more than likely the salesman won't have a clue though....also, I may be mistaken but I believe they quit taking orders for the '05's already...? I don't know, your best bet would be to find one on a lot that already has that soft top on it. It seems kind of random as to which ones have the strip and which ones don't....

[COLOR=Sienna]RE 3.5" SF w/ RE adjustable CA's/ JKS 1.25" BL/ JKS BMML/ OME LT Shocks/ Monroe Stabalizer/ 255/85R16 Trxus MT's/ JKS Quicker Disco's/ Custom Rockrails/ Iggee Seat Covers[/COLOR]
Vauxilicon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe they started the strip on Unlimited a couple of months ago...

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
jkulbeth

It'd be nice to have the strip I suppose, but mine didn't come with it. I've got about 33,000 miles on and it's just over a year old. My windows are in fine shape. You can see a gentle little indentation on the inside where window flaps against the bar, but there are no scratches. It's nothing major and it's hidden by the bars anyway. You also can't see it from the outside. If you can get the strip, that'd be good; but, if you don't you'll be ok, too.
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Green Jeep Club Member #119[/COLOR]
jkulbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #5
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

The strip was a mid year change for the 2005 models, probably due to rubbing issues.

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.