Unlimited Soft Top Side Window - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited Soft Top Side Window

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off Road

Unread 06-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Unlimited Soft Top Side Window

I went Jeep shopping this weekend. The Unlimiteds at my local dealership all had side rear windows (soft top) with the angled strip across them like the SWB. I know all the pics I've seen here and at Jeep's site show one solid window pane.

I personally like the look of the angled strip, which I guess is there to protect the window from the soft top frame inside. I'm glad they've added it to the Unlimited.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures. Maybe somebody here does, though.

scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
jkulbeth

I think that's a fairly recent introduction. My '04 has no sail-cloth strip in the side windows. Maybe it would help protect the window, but in the 34,000 miles I've put on mine I can't see any damage or harm to windows. If it's scuffed them, it's behind a bar anyway where I can't see it.

It's probably a good idea for it to be there, but I kinda like it without the strip.
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Green Jeep Club Member #119[/COLOR]
jkulbeth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
Alec

the strip comes handy to fold the windows. I use to do that a lot before I started running the bikini - duster - winjammer combo.

A canvas shopping bag was more than enough to store them ok .... they will scratch no matter how careful you are.

[CENTER]
Powertrain envy sufferer - Softop tinkerer [/CENTER]
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.