Unlimited Soft Top Side Window - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited Soft Top Side Window

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Unlimited Soft Top Side Window

I went Jeep shopping this weekend. The Unlimiteds at my local dealership all had side rear windows (soft top) with the angled strip across them like the SWB. I know all the pics I've seen here and at Jeep's site show one solid window pane.

I personally like the look of the angled strip, which I guess is there to protect the window from the soft top frame inside. I'm glad they've added it to the Unlimited.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures. Maybe somebody here does, though.

scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
jkulbeth

I think that's a fairly recent introduction. My '04 has no sail-cloth strip in the side windows. Maybe it would help protect the window, but in the 34,000 miles I've put on mine I can't see any damage or harm to windows. If it's scuffed them, it's behind a bar anyway where I can't see it.

It's probably a good idea for it to be there, but I kinda like it without the strip.
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Green Jeep Club Member #119[/COLOR]
jkulbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
Alec

the strip comes handy to fold the windows. I use to do that a lot before I started running the bikini - duster - winjammer combo.

A canvas shopping bag was more than enough to store them ok .... they will scratch no matter how careful you are.

[CENTER]
Powertrain envy sufferer - Softop tinkerer [/CENTER]
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.