Unlimited Black Hole - Page 41 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #601 of 844 Old 11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Hesco grind. Don't know the specs. Bennie at Hesco thought it would gives the necessary HP in the desert. Works great in the fast section and medicore in the rocks.
I'm running a Hesco H264... it doesn't bog down on the slow stuff at all but I also have it advanced 4*. Don't know if you have looked into advancing it but you will get better low end response which will sacrifice some at the top end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgm2 View Post
And yes, I am an exceptional scientist and engineer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 844 Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
I'm running a Hesco H264... it doesn't bog down on the slow stuff at all but I also have it advanced 4*. Don't know if you have looked into advancing it but you will get better low end response which will sacrifice some at the top end.
The newer ECU does all of the work. YOu can turn the distributor 10 degrees and it makes no difference.

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #603 of 844 Old 11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The newer ECU does all of the work. YOu can turn the distributor 10 degrees and it makes no difference.
Yah but I am talking cam timing Gerald... not synch. Chat with Bennie about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgm2 View Post
And yes, I am an exceptional scientist and engineer.
post #604 of 844 Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
Yah but I am talking cam timing Gerald... not synch. Chat with Bennie about it.
I'll call him tomorrow.

Thanks!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #605 of 844 Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

The Jeep is working great with the 37s and the new gears.

Mod Stock Here We Come!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #606 of 844 Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Had fun in Johnson Valley last week. I now have a engine knock and it sounds like a rod knock. Everyone thinks it is a spun rod bearing. Since I'm pulling the motor and tranny I've decied on replacing it with a LS3 an TH400 tranny.

Looking at a crate LS3 with 480hp, a built TH400 and a new atlas t-case. I'm hoping to get it done by Christmas so we can test and tune. Since it is going to be lighter we will have to go over the shocks as well. The parts should start showing up on Tuesday.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #607 of 844 Old 11-24-2012, 02:24 PM
parkerkcfan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

480 horses
post #608 of 844 Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM
chmo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

480 hp ... good for wheelies

makes it easier to get over some boulders!

and now you can spin those 37"s

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"

post #609 of 844 Old 11-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Sundowner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Makes my 5.3 plan seem anemic...

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage:
post #610 of 844 Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Ordered the LS3 376/480. Got the mock up motor to the shop. Need to find the TH400 mock up tranny. Hoping to get the Advanced Adapter Motor Mount kit and headers today. They are also getting the Atlas 2 ready for it. CBR Performance Radiators looked at the Jeep yesterday and will be making a three pass radiator for it. Got a bunch of work done! Pictures later today.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #611 of 844 Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You're gonna need to brace the seat backs also!!!!!

My Build Thread:

post #612 of 844 Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 PM
c69ss396
Just me...

2001 TJ Wrangler 

interested in selling the engine? mine about to be pulled, it sounds like a better candidate to rebuild then mine.
post #613 of 844 Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Dynomax_Exhaust
2013 JK Wrangler 

Gerald
If you need parts for a new system, e-mail me. Thanks! Matt

Quote:
Ordered the LS3 376/480. Got the mock up motor to the shop. Need to find the TH400 mock up tranny. Hoping to get the Advanced Adapter Motor Mount kit and headers today. They are also getting the Atlas 2 ready for it. CBR Performance Radiators looked at the Jeep yesterday and will be making a three pass radiator for it. Got a bunch of work done! Pictures later today.
post #614 of 844 Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Matt,

I will be contacting you! The exhaust is going to be a challenge.

So I installed the mock up engine and TH400 tranny last night. Only minor tube work is required so the passenger coil packs can fit.

Advanced Adapters makes the engine mount kit that makes it so easy to install a LS motor. They also offer the correct flex plate and torque convertor bushing so we can run the very stout TH400 transmission. The engine mount kit moves the engine slightly to the passenger side making it easier to get the front drive shaft in place.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #615 of 844 Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

GM Performance part. The GM LS3 Controller kit comes with everything you see. Just need power, ground and start button!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.