Unlimited Back Window exploded - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited Back Window exploded

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #16
steve3911

You guys are missing the most obvious reason it was hit by a tiny meteorite. No other explanation in my mind :-)

Steve

4.5" RE long arm, 1.25 JKS body lift, 35" Coopers STTs (And some boggers soon), skid row oil and steering box skids, warn 9000i winch, skidrow nightcrawler front bumper, hanson rear bumper w/ A frame tire carrier, shrockworks rocker protection, SYE, CV Driveshaft, ARB diff covers, Currie tie rod system, KC lights, CB, and tons of other stuff.
steve3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #17
billbanshee

im an autoglass installer although it is extremeley rare sometimes tempered glass will explode for no apparent reason ive seen it. hope you have full coverage ins as that is an expensive window i recently bought one myself
warn 9000i
billbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #18
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Worked on auto glass as well......In michigan during the winter if we had a tint job we had to bring it inside in the winter because if you put heat on it when its cold it will blow up

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #19
ptowntj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Or maybe you hit the fluid washer switch, warm (sort of) fluid on a frozen window means pow! I don't have a hardtop, but I thought they have washer fluid provisions.
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #20
N_P

Years ago I had the rear window in my car explode shortly after I turned on the rear defrost. The car was sitting in the driveway and it was very cold outside I started the engine, flipped on the heater & rear defrost, and went inside. I came back out a few minutes later & the back window was gone! Dodge fixed it under warranty.

My previous toy. 1976 416 UNIMOG
N_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #21
02tjsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You guys say it happens but i cant see it. If you use the defrost and/or heat inside the jeep, it would be gradually getting warm, the heater would heat up and gradually heat the air in the jeep. At least that is what i would think. Just my .02 though. Not sayin everyone situations didnt happen. just sayin
'02 TJ Sport - 3.5" RE Springs/Mono-tubes; BFG A/T 33x12.50x15 on ProComp Black Steelies; JKS: BPE's, 1.25" BL, shock conversion, front Adj. TB's, quick discos, Extended Brake lines; FT 3-link rear; JCR 1-ton Steering; Warn 6" Flares; Olympic Slider Bumpers; OME SS; Taurus Electric Fan; 4.88 Gears; D30/D44 Detroit True-Trac Front/Rear;
02tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #22
N_P

lots of stories HERE
N_P is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.