Uneven brake wear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Uneven brake wear?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
zband
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Uneven brake wear?

Jeep 2003 with four wheel disc brakes- I've noticed that when cleaning the rims the passenger side rim has an excessive amount of brake dust. I have a feeling that that rake is doing most of the stooping. Is there any way to tell if the pads are pressing with the same force on all four wheels?

zband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
swoodnj

Not that I'm aware of, you could do a bleed at all 4 corners to make sure. Did you get the Jeep new?

Steve W

PS. Noticed your sig, running 10.3 on a dual 1.25 here.
[color=silver]Bright Silver[/color] Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint Club member #18
swoodnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 04:20 PM   #3
halfmoonclip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Z-
Does it PULL under braking? Is one wheel warmer than the other?
The front brakes SHOULD be doing a lot of the stopping, so compare front to front.
If the calipher is binding, you may be wearing an the outside lining more rapidly than the inside.
Put it on jackstands and pull the wheels; you should be able to see the upper end of the lining with a good light; are they worn about the same?
Good luck; if it is unusual wear, the warranty should cover it.
Moon
'07 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD-da kid's ride
Goodbye Old Blue XJ; 10+yrs, 100K+ miles; virtually trouble free; Long may you run!
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.