undercarriage lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > undercarriage lights

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
TJ_Firefighter

undercarriage lights

Does anyone on here have some mounted like on the bottom side of the tub for rock crawling at night or what ever...if so, where did you mount them and what kind of lights did you use???

33x12.50 Dunlop RV
[B][COLOR="Wheat"]Kahki Jeep Club Member #42[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="White"][B] U.[COLOR="Orange"]S.C.G[COLOR="White"]. J[COLOR="Blue"]ee[COLOR="White"]p Club Member #1[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Firefighting Jeep #2[/B][/COLOR]
Soon to come: HomeFab Rockers
TJ_Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
abstractjeep

i've got four just plain old yellow 55w fog lights mounted on the inside of my body mounts. i have them wired for left side and right side.
abstractjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
aussie stu
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, i do i have three 55 watt oval spots mounted under the TJ, one just behind the first bodylift mount along the sides and one mounted under the radiator.

lights up pretty good, handy for watching wheel placement on night adventures.
[SIZE="1"][B]Black[/B] 98 TJ / 4.5" Coils / 1" BL + MML / 4.56 / 35's Silverstones MT-117 on 16 X 8's / D44 & ARB Airlocker / D30 & lockright / Rocklights / wind sheild IPF's / Custom WARN rear tyre carrier / extended brake lines / Custom Triangulated 4 link long arm / Front adj. panard (no rear) / rear storage draw system / OBA / AA SYE / Bestop duster, windjammer, bikini combo / Bushwackers flares / UHF / TBS / Wilderness Rack / 3" stainless steel snorkel / T-Max 9000 6HP winch[/SIZE]
aussie stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I also have 3, one on each side under tub near fender skirts. And a 6" Hella light above the driveshaft. The ones in the front are simular to those aftermarket fog lights you can get at auto zone.

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
davenjeip

I have got three lights. Mine are just cheap ovals that I got from Harbor Freight.

One is mounted on the top of my transfer case skid and aimed at my rear diff.

The other two are mounted at the rear of my front fenders. I can't explain it well, but they are underneath in a spot that offers a little protection. I have slid off my rockers several times and crunched the underneath of my fenders, but the lights are untouched.

I have never used them for night wheeling, but I do use them often. They give me more light when unpacking the Jeep at night. I also use them for when I have to air up in the dark.

www.davenjeip.com
davenjeip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
BigJeepJay

Yeah I getting ready to run some LEDís from roundeyes.com as they are super bright, low power, and they have a 6 foot radius of light for 1 LED.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
tweba99
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have my rear 2 mounted on the upper control arm mounts facing the opposite side of the Jeep. The front I have one mounted to the inside of the frame on the passenger side. On the driverside, I have one mounted on the inside of the frame right behind the coil spring.
tweba99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
Wheels4186
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got 6 55W Halogens on mine....I got them from SummitRacing I think they were $45 for a pair but had a sale going where they were at 11.95 a pair....Metal Housing, Glass Face...Any ways I have 2 aimed down on my fron coils aiming towards the rear, 2 Just infront of the LCA mounts aiming froward and 2 just behind the LCA mounts aiming towards the back (Tail Gaters dont like these )

Also does anyone know if these are legal to run on road???

Dave

www.patriot-customs.com

04 Patriot Blue TJ- DAILY DRIVER/WEEKEND WARRIOR D-30/60 7.5" of lift, 38's, bumpers, cage, OBA, winch, armor, tube fenders, 2000W Stereo, etc.
Wheels4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #9
BigJeepJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels4186
Also does anyone know if these are legal to run on road???
It goes State to State but I would have to say that most list them as illegal.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

we've got 3, used to be 4. We're using cheap-o 55W ricer lights from Wal-Mart (I've seen the same ones at AutoZone too).

One mounted up front by the body mount under the grille. One under each front fender, aimed out and down to the ground below the rockers.

And we used to have one on the driver side rear UCA mount, but it had to go once we went to long-arms. Bolted right up to an existing hole in the UCA bracket though.

At night:

'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
TJ_Firefighter

cool, so, it's looking like one either side between the front and rear tires...one up front...and the last one anywhere it is practicable
33x12.50 Dunlop RV
[COLOR="White"][B] U.[COLOR="Orange"]S.C.G[COLOR="White"]. J[COLOR="Blue"]ee[COLOR="White"]p Club Member #1[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
Unread 02-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #12
aussie stu
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ideally is not for you but your spotter....you should position them to shine just infront of your tyres and maybe one to shine out back just incase you have to reverse...but its easier not to get stuck!
[SIZE="1"][B]Black[/B] 98 TJ / 4.5" Coils / 1" BL + MML / 4.56 / 35's Silverstones MT-117 on 16 X 8's / D44 & ARB Airlocker / D30 & lockright / Rocklights / wind sheild IPF's / Custom WARN rear tyre carrier / extended brake lines / Custom Triangulated 4 link long arm / Front adj. panard (no rear) / rear storage draw system / OBA / AA SYE / Bestop duster, windjammer, bikini combo / Bushwackers flares / UHF / TBS / Wilderness Rack / 3" stainless steel snorkel / T-Max 9000 6HP winch[/SIZE]
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
TJ_Firefighter

great, thanks for the info guys....what do you think about making up a box or something to house the lights for more protection to the lights....out of some left over 4x3x1/4 angle i'll have left over from doing my rockers
33x12.50 Dunlop RV
Unread 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #14
aussie stu
1998 TJ Wrangler 

you could but take a look above at the pics...i have the same sort and the glass lense if damn durable so im not worried about them being peppered in gravel. Anyway they're not damaged cause they're tucked away pretty high...if they do get damaged then i think that you may have bigger problems with your TJ then just acouple lights.
Unread 02-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #15
Swindle133IWB

[IMG][/IMG]

i have the same lights as Jason Jeepin.com, only six of em...15 dollars a pair from walmart.

RE 4.5 SF, RE adjustable front and rear track bar, Currie HD Steering System, 1" BL, 1" MML, 4.56 gearing, Aussie Locked D30 with Alloy USA chromoly axles and axle seals, Currie Hi-Pinion Ford 9" with Detroit NoSpin and 31 spline chromoly shafts, SS SYE, TW Driveshaft, Skid Row Engine Skid, Warn D30 skid, Currie HD Tie Rod System, Go-fer-it belly up, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Shrockworks Rocker Guards, Shrockworks Corner Guards, SRC Front Bumper with Warn M8000, LoD Bumper/tire carrier, 6 Rock Lights, home made hand throttle, Banks Header and Flowmaster 40 free flow exhaust, on 35" BFG Muds with TNT Customs Flatfenders with the 4 inch flare
Swindle133IWB is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.