Under Rocker LED - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Under Rocker LED

Ok so I am installing my Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers soon and came up with this idea. I want to wire up a small (6"-10") Super White LED strip under each door. Then I want to connect them to my interior lights so that when you open the door, light will shine down on to the ground helping you see getting in/out of your Jeep at night. Something like this picture attached but with white LEDs. I really dont want that neon honda civic underglow look. Does anybody have any recommendations of LEDs with waterproof housings. I have seen some boat LEDs that are waterproof but they are SUPER expensive. I was hoping to pay less that $50 for both sides. Comments, concerns, recommendations are welcome! I just looked under the jeep and there is definitely room and i could just use self taping screws into the tub. I need to wait on my rockers to see how much of my clearance will be reduced...I think i could connect the + wires under the car and -(ground) under the car. The just run the 1 + wire up into a drain hold in the tub, under the seat, run it up to the dash underneath the center console, and then connect to the light under the drivers foot well. Help me out here and I will post pics with what I come up with!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
_quot_Danza-Jeep_quot_-Hace-DARPA_-Jealous-Vegas.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 PM
tulman22
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just curious as to how much light one would actually put out? Enough to see getting in/out of Jeep?

US Navy "SPOOK" RETIRED
Impact Orange member # 39
post #4 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

well.... I just ordered a set. I will post pics when I am done with rocker and light install...
post #5 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulman22 View Post
Just curious as to how much light one would actually put out? Enough to see getting in/out of Jeep?
hopefully enough here is what i found when i searched the company...
Attached Thumbnails
3124325_39676_raw.jpg  
post #6 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
MudMonkey76
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have the tantrum LED rock light kit on my rubi and it is pretty nice, i believe they also sell just the pods, so if you dont want to put the full kit on you could just buy 4 and put 1 behind each front wheel and 1 in front of each rear wheel to give the light you need/want. I am pretty sure each pod is sealed fairly well and it is easy as pie to hook up.

here is a link to just the pods, i think the full kit is about 150ish but i could be wrong
Shaffer's Offroad Online Store - (775) 885-9944

04 Rubi 2.5 RC lift, JKS 1.25BL/MML 33x12.50 BFG AT's
Rampage Rear Recovery Bumper/tire carrier,Rugged Ridge Winch Mount Modular XHD Front Bumper
Smittybilt XRC8 w/Synthetic line, 6" Bushwhacker flat flares
Savvy LED tailights, HID Xenon 6k headlights, JKS Quicker Discos
post #7 of 7 Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

people post some pics of rock lights atleast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
led , night , light , rocker guard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.