UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #121
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
And thats wut matters....the 241 works best for your style of wheeling...all the power to ya....but imo with that 241.....go with a 1.25" bl and 1.5" mml if u still can....just better suited overall.....im changing out my 1" mml and bl for a 1.5" mml and a 1.5" bl if i can find a good one.....just a better solutuon for the ucf and savvy high tuck skids
hmmm, wonder why savvy incorporates a 1" mml into their skid. you should go tell them your theory. let em know they are doing it wrong

Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #122
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
hmmm, wonder why savvy incorporates a 1" mml into their skid. you should go tell them your theory. let em know they are doing it wrong
He'll just add it to the list of things he thinks are wrong with UA.
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #123
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Just because its savvy doesnt mean its best.....with 1" mml the tail end of the drivetrain still sits up higher in relation to the front vs stock...a 1.5" mml gets it closer to stock level. And adding a 1.5" bl gives a bit better tub clearance.....that extra .25-.5" does make a difference.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #124
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post

Yep, can't wait for his products to hit the market. It's gonna revolutionize the offroad community
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #125
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Just because its savvy doesnt mean its best.....with 1" mml the tail end of the drivetrain still sits up higher in relation to the front vs stock...a 1.5" mml gets it closer to stock level. And adding a 1.5" bl gives a bit better tub clearance.....that extra .25-.5" does make a difference.
So that .25" of tub clearance is necessary for your np231 and 6sp, yet my larger 241 and 42rle fit just fine? Why don't you give us more advice on upgrades you have yet to install
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #126
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It can be improved on just like countless prefabbed products on market. ;-)
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #127
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So that .25" of tub clearance is necessary for your np231 and 6sp, yet my larger 241 and 42rle fit just fine? Why don't you give us more advice on upgrades you have yet to install
I want the extra .5" clearance for a few reasons...one being so the fan shroud not needing to be messed with.....two, so my leather shift boot does pull on console when in 2,4,6th gears......and 3rd to give more clearance for the drivetrain to tub clearance and mods im going to implement to the shock mounts on tge frame.
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #128
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It can be improved on just like countless prefabbed products on market. ;-)
We've talked before about the type of changes that are non-replicable in a production product v. custom fab. I don't see how height of ML and/or MML is one of those things.
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #129
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And thats wut matters....the 241 works best for your style of wheeling...all the power to ya....but imo with that 241.....go with a 1.25" bl and 1.5" mml if u still can....just better suited overall.....im changing out my 1" mml and bl for a 1.5" mml and a 1.5" bl if i can find a good one.....just a better solutuon for the ucf and savvy high tuck skids
I wish I wouldve known this before I did my MML. I guess I just always read nobody had an issue with this combo which is why I posted it in this thread so others now know. I would do the 1.5" if I knew 9 mos ago what I know now. But now that I am done, I am cool with it the way it is. Anything aftermarket should be expected to be modified. If not, bonus! Good info though so thanks for posting. May help others.

EDIT: Just read back through this page...lol. Can't we all just get along?
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #130
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We've talked before about the type of changes that are non-replicable in a production product v. custom fab. I don't see how height of ML and/or MML is one of those things.
Well Brown Dog already makes a good 1.5" MML, and if Savvy can make a 1.25" BL, no reason why they can't come up with one that's a .25" taller. The engineering is already there. But a slightly taller BL makes ALOT of sense for a number of differing reasons.

And anything that can be custom fabbed, can be replicated and mass produced.
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #131
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The engineering is already there. But a slightly taller BL makes ALOT of sense for a number of differing reasons.
like what?
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #132
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

like what?
Read previous post
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #133
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i would ask you to do the same.
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #134
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well Brown Dog already makes a good 1.5" MML, and if Savvy can make a 1.25" BL, no reason why they can't come up with one that's a .25" taller. The engineering is already there. But a slightly taller BL makes ALOT of sense for a number of differing reasons.

And anything that can be custom fabbed, can be replicated and mass produced.
But Savvy wasn't looking to be in the MML business. They were in the business of building a tummy tuck system. They built what they believed worked best with their system. They just sell the component parts as an extra. For their system they believe the design they offer is best. If you want to second guess what's best for their system I think people are going to be skeptical of your opinion. If you instead are saying that what they offer doesn't work for the custom skid you will fab then more power to you.

And your last statement is just silly. Even if a product can be standardized, there are countless products that the pricing doesn't work for on a production basis. And as we've discussed in prior threads there are some things that just can't be standardized. I don't think you're that naive, so I assume you're just being argumentative which is pretty pointless in this thread about UCF products.
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #135
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But Savvy wasn't looking to be in the MML business. They were in the business of building a tummy tuck system. They built what they believed worked best with their system. They just sell the component parts as an extra. For their system they believe the design they offer is best. If you want to second guess what's best for their system I think people are going to be skeptical of your opinion. If you instead are saying that what they offer doesn't work for the custom skid you will fab then more power to you.

And your last statement is just silly. Even if a product can be standardized, there are countless products that the pricing doesn't work for on a production basis. And as we've discussed in prior threads there are some things that just can't be standardized. I don't think you're that naive, so I assume you're just being argumentative which is pretty pointless in this thread about UCF products.
I never said Saavy was looking to be in the MML business. And they don't need to be either. A fantastic 1.5" MML is already available. And regardless if you run a Savvy UA system or UCF system, a 1.5" MML with a 1.5" BL works better. Gives a bit more clearance between the tub and drivetrain(Esp. the 241), and levels out the drivetrain closer to stock so the rear TC output doesn't angle so far upwards.

Tags
ucf , skid plate , armor , protection , under cover fabworks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.