UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 07-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #31
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post
It will work with other skids that are shaped similarly to the factory skid or my skids. I'm not familiar with their product. Send me a picture at: matt@undercoverfab.com and I will take a look.

Thanks,
Email sent

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #32
cmyTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Would it be possible to have a separate bracket to hold the TC up when the skid plate is removed? It would be nice to be able to have the skid off and not have to prop up the drivetrain.
1999 TJ - 35x12.5 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar, 3.5" RE springs, Currie/Savvy control arms, 1" BL/MML, 8.8(ARB)/HP30(Powertrax) with 4.88s, UCF UHC Skids, Currie Steering, Currie Front Track Bar, PSC steering box, Black Magic Brakes
cmyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #33
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj8tj View Post
Would it be possible to have a separate bracket to hold the TC up when the skid plate is removed? It would be nice to be able to have the skid off and not have to prop up the drivetrain.
Not with my system. I sounds like you may need to look at the Savvy Under-Armor setup.

Thanks,
(334) 873-4000

Jeep Forum 10% Off Discount Code: jeepforum.com

Check us out on Facebook

undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #34
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

UCF offers a 10% discount to JF members every day. Enter the code "jeepforum.com" in the shopping cart to receive the discount. We have the best prices even before the discount. The discount is there because we want to do something to say thanks to our best client base.

Thanks,
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 07-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #35
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Deep-Cover systems are now our most popular item. I wish I had taken the time to setup a product like it long ago. Many hours of time go into setting up a product with that many options for weight and price but I has proven to be worth the investment.
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 07-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #36
cmyTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered mine in all steel (wish I could have gotten to the aluminum but timing and money were not working together). Can't wait to scrap the beat-up stock skid and start hitting the trail with this! Thanks Matt for answering all of my questions so quickly! Couldn't find anything that could compete with the options or the price of the UCF system.
1999 TJ - 35x12.5 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar, 3.5" RE springs, Currie/Savvy control arms, 1" BL/MML, 8.8(ARB)/HP30(Powertrax) with 4.88s, UCF UHC Skids, Currie Steering, Currie Front Track Bar, PSC steering box, Black Magic Brakes
cmyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #37
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyTJ View Post
Just ordered mine in all steel (wish I could have gotten to the aluminum but timing and money were not working together). Can't wait to scrap the beat-up stock skid and start hitting the trail with this! Thanks Matt for answering all of my questions so quickly! Couldn't find anything that could compete with the options or the price of the UCF system.
Thanks for the purchase. Enjoy you new skids. Post up some action shots after you get it installed.

Thanks again,
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #38
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to order this system, assuming I don't win the RC Belly pan giveaway!
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #39
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
I can't wait to order this system, assuming I don't win the RC Belly pan giveaway!
Good luck with that!
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 08-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #40
alex_c
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Amazing looking product, amazing price and I'm loving all the options here. It's sick that you offer the LOPRO mount so guys that don't want a body lift can run the extra clearance option. When I buy a skid system, it will definitely be from you guys.
alex_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #41
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Will these work with the 2.5 TJ
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #42
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavitation View Post
Will these work with the 2.5 TJ
I don't yet have an engine skid for the 2.5l TJ. The transfer case skid does fit.

Thanks,
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #43
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good luck with that!
Yeah tell me about it. I certainly wouldn't buy the RC skid, so the only way I would wheel with it is if it was given to me. I look forward to doing business with UCF in the near future.
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #44
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you already have the body lift you can use the 1" deep Ultra High-Clearance skid with your setup. The early TJ skid will work for both auto and 5-speed transmissions.

Thanks,
Right now I have a TC drop on my Jeep which eventually be eliminated when I do the SYE,BL and MML. I'd like to order the extra-clearance skid as part of the complete system. I know this sounds like an oxymoron, but can I run the extra-clearance skid with the TC drop until I can get rid of the drop or will I run into issues. And if I did that would I need to invest in the Lopro tranny mount. I need the skids now but don't have the funds just yet for the SYE,BL and MML. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm ready to pop for the system and I just don't know which one to get.
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #45
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Right now I have a TC drop on my Jeep which eventually be eliminated when I do the SYE,BL and MML. I'd like to order the extra-clearance skid as part of the complete system. I know this sounds like an oxymoron, but can I run the extra-clearance skid with the TC drop until I can get rid of the drop or will I run into issues. And if I did that would I need to invest in the Lopro tranny mount. I need the skids now but don't have the funds just yet for the SYE,BL and MML. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm ready to pop for the system and I just don't know which one to get.

You will need the LOPRO mount to run the extra clearance skid without a transfer case drop or a body lift.
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Tags
ucf , skid plate , armor , protection , under cover fabworks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.