JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ucf-deep-cover-skid-plate-system-1068965/)

undercoverfab 07-14-2010 07:03 AM

UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System
 
1 Attachment(s)
Our Deep-Cover Skid Plate System is the only custom configurable skid plate system on the market. It provides the flexibility of design to allow for the wheeler with a modest budget to protect the most vulnerable of locations on the vehicle. It will also provide the options desired by the most hard-core of rock crawlers to purchase the strongest, thickest undercarriage protection available on the market.

Under Cover Fabworks, LLC - UCF Deep-Cover Skid Plate System

Fropleyqk 07-14-2010 07:16 AM

Is that $409 for the skid plate and engine skid?

undercoverfab 07-14-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fropleyquark (Post 9785487)
Is that $409 for the skid plate and engine skid?

That's correct.

GotLime 07-14-2010 07:21 AM

Can you give us approximate weights for the different thicknesses and materials?

undercoverfab 07-14-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotLime (Post 9785502)
Can you give us approximate weights for the different thicknesses and materials?

I just added the weights. Thanks for the suggestion.

rob78 07-14-2010 08:17 AM

Looks like an excellent product.


Your pricing is outstanding. 1/4" thick 6061 aluminum engine/trans skid for ~$630!!

Fropleyqk 07-14-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undercoverfab (Post 9785497)
That's correct.

awesome.

rastadog 07-14-2010 08:42 AM

...potentially dumb question but will this fit a 2001 with the 3 speed auto? I've already got a body lift and MML. Will the high clearance model work? (assuming I have to get a SYE and adjustable rear upper control arms.)

elephantrider 07-14-2010 08:46 AM

the aluminum skids are rock solid fellas. i run both
the belly and engine skid. excellent coverage and
great fit.

zachbh 07-14-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephantrider (Post 9785770)
the aluminum skids are rock solid fellas. i run both
the belly and engine skid. excellent coverage and
great fit.

That's great to know. 1/4" or 3/8"?

Looks like you got a great product here, it's always good to have competition in the aluminum t-case skid/engine skid area :rofl::rofl:. I wish I could pony up some bills and get the whole set. Next summer maybe?

undercoverfab 07-14-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastadog (Post 9785759)
...potentially dumb question but will this fit a 2001 with the 3 speed auto? I've already got a body lift and MML. Will the high clearance model work? (assuming I have to get a SYE and adjustable rear upper control arms.)

If you already have the body lift you can use the 1" deep Ultra High-Clearance skid with your setup. The early TJ skid will work for both auto and 5-speed transmissions.

Thanks,

yellowjesus 07-14-2010 09:54 AM

Is there any difference in hight between the no body lift transfer case skid and the factory one? I really want the 1" deep but then i have to wait for an sye and cv first. I just received my early tj engine skid from you, it looks really beefy and I can not wait to go rub it on some rocks.

undercoverfab 07-14-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowjesus (Post 9786047)
Is there any difference in hight between the no body lift transfer case skid and the factory one? I really want the 1" deep but then i have to wait for an sye and cv first. I just received my early tj engine skid from you, it looks really beefy and I can not wait to go rub it on some rocks.

Yes, the No Body-Lift skids are about 1 1/2" thinner in profile than the factory skid.

Thanks,

rob78 07-14-2010 10:38 AM

I have a 1.25" BL. No MML. 3.25" SL (that's sagged to ~2")

04 Rubicon.

If I get the ultra high clearance skid, will I need to purchase a CV drive shaft as well? I realize all Jeeps are different, but it would be nice to know prior to ordering.

Thanks

undercoverfab 07-14-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob78 (Post 9786256)
I have a 1.25" BL. No MML. 3.25" SL (that's sagged to ~2")

04 Rubicon.

If I get the ultra high clearance skid, will I need to purchase a CV drive shaft as well? I realize all Jeeps are different, but it would be nice to know prior to ordering.

Thanks

Yes, I would think you would need the driveshaft.


The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.