UCF Deep Cover Install Prep - Engine/Belly Skid, LoPro Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > UCF Deep Cover Install Prep - Engine/Belly Skid, LoPro Mount

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

UCF Deep Cover Install Prep - Engine/Belly Skid, LoPro Mount

I'm looking for past experience and guidance during the install

Okay, so this weekend I'm planning on installing the UCF Deep Cover Skid System and I'd like to have everything I need at my finger tips prior to getting started. The parts I have:

Ultra High Clearance Skid
Engine Skid with Brackets
LoPro Mount
Rubi Pump Mount Bracket

Extra Tools:
2 Floor Jacks
Angle Grinder
Wrenches
Loctite
Anti-Seaze
4 Jack Stand

I've also got the instructions for the LoPro Mount:
http://undercoverfab.com/attachment.php?id_attachment=2

What I'm looking for is (in the way of wisdom):

What extra hardware do I need to buy?

Are there any tips or trick you've learned?

I appreciate any help I can get.
-Thank you

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Currie Control Arms Install Tips
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]

Last edited by UncleWilson; 08-25-2010 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: added rubi mount
UncleWilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have installed the low pro mount, but still have the factory skid, so some of my experience might apply. In the instructions it says to cut the exhaust holder bracket that is part of the trany mount. Do lots of test fitting first and don't cut that bracket until you first check the fit. You may not need to cut that bracket. I had to grind some areas of the new mount cause I had interference with the factory skid, but you may be ok there since your installing the UCF skid.
p1030082.jpg   p1030084-2.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a thread on what I did to help the install of my lo-pro mount. Things didn't line up right for me and welding studs in place helped considerably in getting everything where it needed to be.

I also had to clearance my tub around the T-case linkage where the brackets mount to the floor. I took the linkage drop bracket that I got with my JKS BL, and flipped it upside down to use it reverse of which it was intended. (Raising the linkage pivot to keep the linkage square) I had a pain in the butt time getting my linkage to work right and even considered the Novak cable to eliminate the binding issues. Flipping the bracket helped but in the future I may still go the Novak route.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/uc...esign-1050782/

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
belly skid , engine skid , install , skid , ucf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.