I just ordered the tintable U-Pol raptor kit from ebay, after seeing so many threads on how great it is. Hopefully I'll be able to get this done next weekend.
Couple questions for people that did tintable.
1. Did you do the 10% recommended tint? If not, more or less? Did it come out to the color you expected?
2. Where did you get your paint? I want to do mine to match the exterior (Pearl citron). I can only find it sold by the gallon...How close did it come to matching the exterior when you did it?
3. How far up did you go under the dash? How hard is it to get around the pedals, etc?
4. Did you paint the rollbars at all? If so, whole thing or just up to a certain point? I'm probably going to just tape off the rollbars though.
5. What did you use to scuff the paint? My dad has a power sander at his place, what grit sandpaper should I use? I have some scratches down to the metal on the paint (not very wide). Do I need to do anything other than smooth it down when sanding?
6. Last question. I'm thinking of doing the top of the bed, where the top touches it. I have a soft top now, will that effect functionality? Will it be harder to get the top on? I might get a hard top a few years down the line, if I ever have a garage. Will it cause a problem putting on a hard top?
7. Ok, just kidding. This is the last question. I'm doing this in South Texas, pretty humid. The pack says ideally to do it in no more than 60% humidity. It's going to be about 80%. Will that cause any problems, or just dry slower?
Thanks in advance! I'll post pics as this progresses and do a writeup