U-pol Raptor question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > U-pol Raptor question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
buckeye_1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

U-pol Raptor question

So I spent all day preparing the jeep for U-pol. Stipped out the tub, sanded it, rinsed it out, and wiped the whole thing down with acetone. Do I need to sand the whole thing down to bare metal or just enough to rough up and dull out the paint? I think I just got it dull with my first jeep, but that's been a good while. I didn't have problems with the first one, but I want to make sure it's right before I spray it in the morning.

buckeye_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dont take it down to bare metal. You just want to take off the clear coat. If you have any spots that have bare metal showing you might want to hit them with primer. After you wash it off it should have a dull finish on it as long as it is not shiny you should be good to go.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
schu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i scuffed mine with a wire brush drill attachment then sprayed with self etching primer. Did this with both my tub and bumpers, tub has been pretty good besides in a couple hard to reach corners and throwing the seat in and out, easy to touch up though. Bumpers have so good spots taken out but rocks will do that and the pealing hasn't continued out from the chips
schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 03:48 AM   #4
buckeye_1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

OK...thanks for the replies. I probably hit up a couple spots with primer and start spraying then.
buckeye_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-pol raptor , liner , spray liner , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.