U-Joint and Ball-Joint question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > U-Joint and Ball-Joint question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 02-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

U-Joint and Ball-Joint question

Who makes the best U-Joint, Ball-Joints, and unit bearings for stock TJ application? I need U-Joints that you can be used on the highway, so no CTM style ones.

gcally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Why wouldn't you want to use the CMT u-joints on the highway?
Unread 02-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Everyone has told me that they will burn up if you use them for highway driving.
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcally View Post
Everyone has told me that they will burn up if you use them for highway driving.
Sounds like a case of "free advice". I've not heard anything like this. There is no mention of a problem with highway use on their web site and I would think there would be if it was truely a problem. If I'm going to produce a product with a life time warranty I think I might discourage the user from doing things with my product that will cause it to fail.
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If U-joints are your game, then Spicer is your name.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
Sounds like a case of "free advice". I've not heard anything like this. There is no mention of a problem with highway use on their web site and I would think there would be if it was truely a problem. If I'm going to produce a product with a life time warranty I think I might discourage the user from doing things with my product that will cause it to fail.
From what I have researched they are not rated for speeds over 40 mph because they do not use needle bearings in them. They are intended for off-road use only.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.