Turn Signal Relocation - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn Signal Relocation

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #31
SierraDave
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I found a pair of 2" amber LEDs at the local truck stop, they were about $20 for the pair.

SierraDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #32
jeepster22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

will the LED Stealth Marker & Blinker Light Kit, 4 lights will work for my tube fenders an should i chane the back lights too from genright
jeepster22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #33
jeepster22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

should i put a 4inch lift on my tj need ideas of a lift kit i am thinking of rough country 4inch an if they are any good their 4inch lift cost $500 bucks but idk if cheap is the new look for my jeep but i want a lift that looks good an a good price to it too.
jeepster22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #34
canadiantj1999

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the stealth LED kit is awesome...it worked out really well for my tube type fenders by smittybilt and if you have the right type blinker relay you can just mod that and it will flash correctly... LED Tail Light Turn Signal Modification theres the link to modify the blinker relay for 01 and up...
canadiantj1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #35
cheech66
2006 LJ Wrangler 

driving lights in grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytodd View Post
does that help ?
I am curious if anyone has tried this mod for driving lights in the grill and how big did they go for the light and what driving lights they went with?? I need more light up front and want to wire this mod to a switch in the cab any help would be cool here tks folks!!!
cheech66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #36
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytodd View Post
does that help ?
If you notch the three ribs in the JK enclosures just barely wide enough for the grill sheet metal to slip into instead of removing them, and cut three little notches into the grill so the JK turn signal can be inserted at a slight angle, you can make the enclosure twist-lock into place instead of needing to silicone it. That makes it easy to remove the enclosure for when a bulb burns out.

You can see the three notches in this pic. Just make sure to cut them so the enclosure is inserted rotated 15-20 degrees from straight so it will be straight when twist-locked into place.
grillbigholetouchup.jpg  

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #37
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I did the gen right kit. works like a champ.
TJdualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #38
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Or you can try these from modern classic enterprises if you like LED, they have the 3/4 ones and the 4 inch ones with a nice harness to boot...
Unread 08-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #39
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
If you notch the three ribs in the JK enclosures just barely wide enough for the grill sheet metal to slip into instead of removing them, and cut three little notches into the grill so the JK turn signal can be inserted at a slight angle, you can make the enclosure twist-lock into place instead of needing to silicone it. That makes it easy to remove the enclosure for when a bulb burns out.

You can see the three notches in this pic. Just make sure to cut them so the enclosure is inserted rotated 15-20 degrees from straight so it will be straight when twist-locked into place.
Thanks for the tip Jerry. Much better than the silicone.
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #40
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post

Are there more pics of this jeep? I'm interesting in installing JK lights in my Red Jeep. I plan to remove the stock turn signals from the fender and fill it in.

EDIT: I found them.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ne...1/#post8793360

EDIT 2: I followed the link for the JK Parking Lamp Assembly from Rock Auto. The part numbers are:
TYC Part # 18603400 Part {#55077885AC, CH2530103} Includes Bulb & Socket LEFT
TYC Part # 18603300 Part {#55077884AC, CH2531103} Includes Bulb & Socket RIGHT

$12.02 EA. I just ordered both and with shipping it was $29.24.
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #41
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got my turn signals from Rock Auto. Shipping was terribly slow, but I'll blame it on weather and holidays. I used a 3 1/8 hole saw. The driver side light hopped a little while cutting so it was a hair bigger in diameter. The light installed loosely while the light for the passenger side was perfectly tight. I had to add some tape to the housing of the light so that it would install tight. A word of warning, let the saw do the work. Slow and steady. Also I did cut in the slots as Jerry described earlier.

Long term plan is to fill in the stock signal lights on the fender. With that being a factor instead of tube fenders, the blinker wires for the fender flare signal (on the plastic flare) needs to stay attached. This made it very difficult for the stock wire to reach. I ended up cutting another hole in the back of the grill for the wire to fit.

It truly is a plug and play. I started at 4pm and had everything wired up by 7pm. I'll have to wait until warmer weather to do the body work on the fenders.

I tried to center the signals in the space under the headlight.

Here you can see the JK light has a top and bottom. It isn't like a traditional trailer light.

You can see the "belly" at the bottom of the light. It is not uniform. The bottom is thicker.

Made in Taiwan. $12 ea.
Unread 02-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #42
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Night shot. I can't wait for the summer so I can remove the old signals.

Unread 03-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #43
T's '97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Is there any way to put a chrome bezel (trim) around the JK lights? Is there one available in that size?

Or install euro light guards on both the headlights and parking lights? Like these: http://www.quadratec.com/products/13117_30X_PG.htm

My idea is to match the headlights and parking lights so they don't look like a mod?

Thanks for any help.
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #44
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's '97TJ
Is there any way to put a chrome bezel (trim) around the JK lights? Is there one available in that size?

Or install euro light guards on both the headlights and parking lights? Like these: http://www.quadratec.com/products/13117_30X_PG.htm

My idea is to match the headlights and parking lights so they don't look like a mod?

Thanks for any help.
It would be easier just to paint the headlight bezels.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #45
T's '97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hate painting chrome. It's like painting wood. Seems sinful.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.