Turn signal light stuck on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn signal light stuck on

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
bikerman02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Turn signal light stuck on

On a 02 jeep SE the right turn signal light stays on all the time. Both signal lights work just fine outside the jeep. The right light blinks really fast when on one the instrument cluster. Also speratticly the blinker on alarm will sound until ya turn on a blinker then off to quiet it. What would do this? Some time ya can get it to stop doing it by disconnecting the battery other times it doesn't help.

bikerman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
J10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You have a short or bad ground some where.

Follows the wires and take a close look at all connectors. Clean anything that looks dirty.
J10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Junky burp
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Try cycling the emergency flashers first.
I would then check the grounds for the light sockets.
I would even change the flasher relay, just for laughs.
After that I'm beat.
Junky burp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Reviving this thread... I have the same exact problem with my left turn signal. The left signal dashboard indication light stays on constantly and when I actually use my left turn signal it blinks super fast. I noticed that my front facing turn signal on my left side doesn't work at all (even with hazards). I took the bulb out and the connection was rusty so I cleaned it up and dielectric greased it. Still no help. Would a dead bulb be causing this problem? I'm going to get a new one or do some electrical troubleshooting next week.
MikalCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
Stonz
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Moisture? Mine acts funky sometimes after diving in wet conditions
Unread 11-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

According to my manual, a fast acting flasher can be an indication of a bad bulb. Best to check all bulbs before swapping parts. The flasher relay which is on top of the steering column under the dash is $50 from the dealer. The turn signal multi function switch is right around $100.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Where in your manual did you find this? I tried looking in mine briefly but couldn't

I'll try buying a new bulb before anything steep
MikalCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

try bulbs, if not just try to clean out all the female connectors that the bulbs go into.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.