tummy tuck, without tuck - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tummy tuck, without tuck

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #16
HipCheck_1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm
This cross member is part of 33Engineering's skid. The low profile transmission mount is a separate piece that replaces the stock mount and can be used with the 33Engineering skid or other skid (to include the stock skid) by drilling holes. The mount lowers the transfer case and allows you to install a belly up type skid with less interference between the transmission/transfer case and the tub. Used with the stock skid it can act as a transfer case drop to reduce drive shaft angles.
Ahh man, I was totally confused. You are right. To the OP on this web site:

http://www.offroadtoystore.com/Merch...t_Code=33-1650

it says this:

Use as a transfer case drop. Since the mount is 1.5" slimmer than the stock mount, your tranny will be 1.5" lower. This can be used with the stock skid plate to negate some of the increase in driveline angles from a suspension lift kit.

It also says it works with the 03-06 TJ w/manual transmission. Do they also make one for the automatic? Nevermind, found my own answer:

http://www.offroadtoystore.com/Merch...ory_Code=33Eng

Last edited by HipCheck_1; 12-10-2007 at 11:32 AM..
HipCheck_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #17
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Your about 80% of the way to being able to do a Flat skid. I used the 33 eng mount 1.25" BL and the Novak shifter, then made my own skid out of 1/4" plate. Check the link in my sig and you can even get a dimensioned drawing that you could take to a local metal place and get them to quote you on it. If you don't have a welder or cutting ability yourself.

Other wise I would just install the SYE and get rid of those vibes. Then save for the 33 eng skid, which is what I would buy if I didn't make my own.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #18
STW
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipCheck_1
Ahh man, I was totally confused. You are right. To the OP on this web site:

http://www.offroadtoystore.com/Merch...t_Code=33-1650

it says this:

Use as a transfer case drop. Since the mount is 1.5? slimmer than the stock mount, your tranny will be 1.5? lower. This can be used with the stock skid plate to negate some of the increase in driveline angles from a suspension lift kit.

It also says it works with the 03-06 TJ w/manual transmission. Do they also make one for the automatic? (you have 42rle auto tranny right?)
Do I understand this correctly: I could use the t-case drop referred to above to lower the tranny 1.5" and use this to avoid the typical kind of t-case skid drop? Sorry for the hijack question, but I have a 3" susp lift, no BL, and about .5" of t-case skid washer drop. I've been planning a tummy tuck but this makes it sound like I could do the t-case drop referred to above and get rid of the washers. Sounds like I could do this without an SYE (?). Would it require a BL to lower the t-case this way?

Thanks.
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #19
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STW
Do I understand this correctly: I could use the t-case drop referred to above to lower the tranny 1.5" ...
No you can't. This transmission mount is available for '03-'06 models w/automatic transmission.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #20
HipCheck_1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STW
Do I understand this correctly: I could use the t-case drop referred to above to lower the tranny 1.5" and use this to avoid the typical kind of t-case skid drop?
Your best bet is to call 33 Engineering and see if they have a solution for you.

www.33engineering.com

Contact 33 Engineering at 303-683-8310
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #21
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch740
Your about 80% of the way to being able to do a Flat skid. I used the 33 eng mount 1.25" BL and the Novak shifter, then made my own skid out of 1/4" plate. Check the link in my sig and you can even get a dimensioned drawing that you could take to a local metal place and get them to quote you on it. If you don't have a welder or cutting ability yourself.

Other wise I would just install the SYE and get rid of those vibes. Then save for the 33 eng skid, which is what I would buy if I didn't make my own.
I am now seriously considering your plans, but I need to find a shop around here to do it. Thanks for the write-up
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #22
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmeltzer
I am now seriously considering your plans, but I need to find a shop around here to do it. Thanks for the write-up
One thing to keep in mind is I have 0" of lift. You might need to cut out some of my skid design for your front drive shaft. If you have a grinder you can always do that yourself afterwards but they will be able to do it much faster.

The one thing the 33 eng skid has that my design lacked was a separate cross member for dropping the skid. I have to support my trans with a jack if I want to drop my TC skid where the 33eng skid you just unbolt the plate. A very useful and well though out design.

One thing I can tell you for sure is you will be SOOO happy to get rid of the shove, either way you go.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #23
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I finally got the skidplate...
before

after

about a 4" gain in ground clearance, but now the tranny pan is exposed
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #24
HipCheck_1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Aww man, you suck.... Just kidding. Looks great.

I got the tranny mount for Christmas, now I need to buy the skid.

Sounds like you need to get a Skid Row Engine Skid or something. It never ends...
Unread 01-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #25
Edward777
1998 TJ Wrangler 

will the skid row engine skid bolt up to the 33 engineering skid...i was wondering if the engine/oil pan skid would sacrifice clearance issues if it didnt bolt up to the 33 engineering
Unread 01-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #26
AlTheKillerr

wow what a huge difference. i cant wait to be able to do a belly up on my jeep
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:31 AM   #27
80 CHOPPER
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward777
will the skid row engine skid bolt up to the 33 engineering skid...i was wondering if the engine/oil pan skid would sacrifice clearance issues if it didnt bolt up to the 33 engineering
Yes ,it bolts right up. No,you wont sacrifice clearance.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.