Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tummy Tuck Questions

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  lupinsea 
#1 ·
Ok I have searched and there is a lot of info on this but I'm confused and would like some help.

First off its for an 2006 Auto TJ
Installed already is:
3.5 inch RE
1.25 inch BL
1 inch MML
SYE/CV

Can I just get the Skid Plate and bolt it up or are there going to be other things for me to do? I read stuff about linkage needed, not needed etc. I'm so confused!!! :confused: :confused:

#2 ·
Can I just get the Skid Plate and bolt it up or are there going to be other things for me to do? I read stuff about linkage needed, not needed etc. I'm so confused!!! :confused: :confused:
Your probably reffering to the thread I started. The output seems to be if you have a 1-1.25" BL + MML you can use the stock Tcase linkage. Since the Tcase linkage attaches to the body and the Tcase when you move one in relation to the other (like a TT) it can cause the Tcase linkage to bind, making it so you cannot shift into 4wd. But since the body is moved up as well with a BL, the total distance change inbetween the Tcase and body is less. If you didnt have a BL then you would likely need the AA bracket that removed the Tcase linkage from the body and attaches it to the Tcase, so movements between the body and Tcase would no longer affect the linkage.

Depending on the TT, you may need exhaust 'tweeks' and to do it correct you should get your driveshaft lengthened the appropriate amount afterward, which should not cost much.

#3 ·
Yeah I read and read and think I know whats going on then see a new post and get all confused again lol.

Thank! Thats just what I was looking for. After I re-gear and get my 35s next is the TT :2thumbsup:

#4 ·
I think when you tuck the belly you change the drveline angle. I did the Tera Belly up but also did a 1" BL 1" MML and Extreme SS SYE.

#5 ·
I think when you tuck the belly you change the drveline angle.
Correct, but it just takes a couple minutes adjusting the rear adjustable UCAs to reset it.

#9 ·
Wow, even easier still are the old Nth Degree UCA's.

They had double adjustable ends. Not need to unbolt anything, no need to mess with floor jack. . . just loosen the jamb nuts, twist center section to adjust, retighten jamb nut. :D

Wonder if AEV (who bought out Nth Degree) is making these arms again or is just making the old Nth skid plates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.