Tummy tuck question- Will this be vibeless? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tummy tuck question- Will this be vibeless?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
five-0
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Perfect!! thanks for all the replies! Thats exactly the info i was looking for. It seems like all jeeps are different, but on the LJ, with the dpg OME kit, a 1" TT is vibeless, and 2"+ TT has vibes, and likely needs a SYE.
Thanks!

five-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

put on the tt and see if you have vibes. if you do, space it down till you can afford the sye & cv ds. seems logical to me?
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just recently added a UCF Original extra clearance skid to my un-lifted TJ. I used UCF's Lo Pro mount along with a MML. "Had a 1" body lift on previously.

The drive shaft and u-joint angle was a bit much for my short TJ. I spaced the skid down temporarily with washers, the vibes diminished a little. I ended up ordering some Currie upper control arms and a Tom Woods Drive shaft. I installed the Arms first and adjusted them for the stock drive shaft; u-joint vibrations diminished surprisingly but not quite gone. The Tom Woods CV drive shaft went in this past weekend. I've been fiddling with the pinion angle (2*, 1*, 0*) to make it as smooth as possible.

Notice I didn't say smooth as stock. The UCF Lo Pro mount transmits a bit more engine vibes than stock and makes it's presence known. My suggestion: if you have vibes after the TT, get upper control arms first. You might be good with just that.
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #19
ourlee
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you do the OME ultimate like i just did + a body lift [which i didn't do, i run 32s], you'll most probably get vibes. I didn't install the TC drop kit after the lift install and had awful vibes from 24 MPH to 40 MPH. Today i installed the TC drop and vibes are gone. I understand the offroad issue with the TC drop but for now for me, the $43 bucks was money well spent.
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #20
five-0
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
If you do the OME ultimate like i just did + a body lift [which i didn't do, i run 32s], you'll most probably get vibes. I didn't install the TC drop kit after the lift install and had awful vibes from 24 MPH to 40 MPH. Today i installed the TC drop and vibes are gone. I understand the offroad issue with the TC drop but for now for me, the $43 bucks was money well spent.

just to clarify the dpg ome ultimate is SL+BL+MML, i havent heard of anyone getting vibes from the ultimate kit alone

lowering the TC is not an option for me, I'm trying to increase clearance. But it sounds like i might need a SYE etc even with the UCF original extra clearance skid..
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #21
five-0
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ51 View Post
My suggestion: if you have vibes after the TT, get upper control arms first. You might be good with just that.
cool! thanks. i might try that first... and obviously i need to learn a lot, because on the surface i can't figure out why upper control arms would make a difference on vibes... will need to some more research
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #22
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-0 View Post
cool! thanks. i might try that first... and obviously i need to learn a lot, because on the surface i can't figure out why upper control arms would make a difference on vibes... will need to some more research
I didn't think it make a difference either, but the MML and raised transfer case (even with the Lo-Pro) play havoc with the u-joint/drive shaft angles. Being able to precisely adjust the rear u-joint angle made a significant difference in vibes. Unfortunately for me, my angles were still too much with my shorter wheelbase. My 2004 was also a Rubicon (no slip yoke) w/NV3550, I don't know if that helped or hurt the situation.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.