Tuffy Stereo Console vs. non Stereo Console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tuffy Stereo Console vs. non Stereo Console

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
Falcor
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tuffy Stereo Console vs. non Stereo Console

I'm trying to decide on which one to get.

Stereo Console:

non Stereo Console:

I want the stereo console, but really don't want to loose the cupholders. I have a Tuffy in my CJ-7 and I lost the cupholders there (a B&M Z-Gate shifter was in the way), and didn't like that part of it. Actually this is my first vehicle with cupholders and I don't want to loose them.

I'm just looking for some opinions.

(sold) 07 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 97 ZJ Laredo - 4.0L, 98 TJ Sahara, 78 CJ-7, 88 Grand Wagoneer
www.real4x4.iwarp.com
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Negative6

why do you need a second stereo??

and you dont lose the cup holders (looks at pic) one has cup holders in front (not in back) other (stereo) has cup holders in back (not front)
Negative6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
Falcor
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative6
why do you need a second stereo??
The current stereo will go into the console.

I have the rear cupholders on the Tuffy in my CJ and they are a pain to use if your sitting in the front.

(sold) 07 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 97 ZJ Laredo - 4.0L, 98 TJ Sahara, 78 CJ-7, 88 Grand Wagoneer
www.real4x4.iwarp.com
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
Negative6

how about this one? tuffy
not a good pic but if i read it corectly it still has place for sub/stereo and a front cup holder

(what year jeep are you wanting this for?)

tuff also makes this not sure it it will work
Unread 02-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
Falcor
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative6
how about this one? tuffy
not a good pic but if i read it corectly it still has place for sub/stereo and a front cup holder

(what year jeep are you wanting this for?)

tuff also makes this not sure it it will work

It's for the Jeep in my sig., a 98 Sahara. The older consoles will not work. I emailed Tuffy about the first console you had a link to.

www.real4x4.iwarp.com
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #6
NOVATJ
1996 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say go for the Stereo console. You can always shove a drink in beside the hand brake. I've always thought it would be cool to mount cup holders to the right of the shifter, but I haven't tried it yet.

I see the CJ is for sale, but did you ever try the cup holder that mounted to the windshield knob? Wish I had one of those in my old CJ.
NOVATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Negative6

ok, well i hope i helped a lil... if i find anything else i will try and let you know
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #8
Falcor
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVATJ
I see the CJ is for sale, but did you ever try the cup holder that mounted to the windshield knob? Wish I had one of those in my old CJ.
I never tried the windshield knob cupholders. Thought about it, just never tried it.

www.real4x4.iwarp.com
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #9
widdowmaker
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor
I'm trying to decide on which one to get.

Stereo Console:

non Stereo Console:

I want the stereo console, but really don't want to loose the cupholders. I have a Tuffy in my CJ-7 and I lost the cupholders there (a B&M Z-Gate shifter was in the way), and didn't like that part of it. Actually this is my first vehicle with cupholders and I don't want to loose them.

I'm just looking for some opinions.
the stereo console is nice. but remember.... some cd players will not play at the 90 degree angle that it would be mounted in. just somthing to think about
red jeep club member #112
Air Force Jeep Club Member #28
widdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.