Tuff's Jeep Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tuff's Jeep Build

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #91
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I installed my IRO tie rod replacement, that thing is beefy!

Quick story:

My father is an avid Jeeper, so when it comes to Birthdays or Christmas, he's pretty good on getting some Jeep swag for those occasions. Anyways, so I told him I wanted this IRO Tie Rod Replacement.

Iron Rock Off Road Tie Rod

He gave me his debit card and told me to order it. Done. Christmas comes and they sent me the wrong part. They apologize and send me the right one. Thru the conversation I told them that I had the jam nuts, so they decided not to send any out... no big deal.... Until I shipped the jam nuts back with the wrong tie rod!

I called them up and they shipped me jam nuts back. For Free!

What I'm trying to get at is, I have ordered a handfull of things from IRO and I am a VERY satisfied customer. They build great products, and even paid shipping for my mistakes! Its nice to see that a company still values their customers these days, it seems to be few and far between anymore.

I recommend them.

November time, I found out that the Duralast Gold that came with the Jeep gave up the ghost, and ate the battery cables alive. Stupid Battery. So for Christmas I was surprised with an AGM battery! The thing fires up quickly now, and I shouldnt have to worry about corrosion problems now..

I re-installed my Rear Antirock. The arms didnt fit with the 8.8 because it was narrower. I ended up getting wheel spacers and it works fine now.

Anyways, now I am prepping for EJS 2012. I still need to get the TJ licensed and registered.

Pics of the new tie rod compared to the stocker will be up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbear View Post
Destroyed it somehow..... It went wobble wobble wobble boom
Tuffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #92
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
Here are some pics from trips over the last year...

Is this Wayne's World? Last time I was there I reallllllly wanted to attempt it, but ended up cowering out. haha. Think a TJ with open diffs and km2's could make it through on 2.5" lift, without needing a winch?

Love the build thread. I've always been very jealous.
Unread 01-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #93
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

No that's on constrictor (after Wayne's world.) I think it's called the waterfall but I'm not sure.
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #94
bradentaala
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnbar View Post
Is this Wayne's World? Last time I was there I reallllllly wanted to attempt it, but ended up cowering out. haha. Think a TJ with open diffs and km2's could make it through on 2.5" lift, without needing a winch?

Love the build thread. I've always been very jealous.
This is the last corner right before the Eagle's Nest....

As for Wayne's World, it might be passable without lockers, but i haven't seen any open rigs go up it. Personally, i wouldn't risk breaking a D35 on it. Last year our buddy with 33's on his D35 broke on constrictor trail....
'00 TJ, 14" coilovers, teraflex speedbumps, double triangulated 4 link, 3 link, D60, 14 bolt, 42" Kevlars, 17" walker evans beadlocks, high lines, 104" wb, atlas 4 (11.7:1), hydro assist steering, hydro boost brakes, belly up, Corbeau CR1 w/5pt harness.

bradentaala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #95
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool build so far. The 8.8 came out great. What are you planning on next?
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #96
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I was in Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari and while at the Jeep Expo I ran across a screaming deal on a Warn 9.5cti winch. I got it for a steal, and on top of that there was a rebate so that sweetened the deal that much more!

After getting home and researching winch mounting brackets, I decided to look at bumpers that had the winch mount part of the bumper. I found a Currie Rockcrawler Front Bumper through a friend, then had it blasted and powdercoated. Here is the finished product.
photo-9-.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #97
bradentaala
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I should have charged a finders fee!
'00 TJ, 14" coilovers, teraflex speedbumps, double triangulated 4 link, 3 link, D60, 14 bolt, 42" Kevlars, 17" walker evans beadlocks, high lines, 104" wb, atlas 4 (11.7:1), hydro assist steering, hydro boost brakes, belly up, Corbeau CR1 w/5pt harness.

bradentaala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #98
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We'll just call it even for helping you find a steal of a Dana 44 rear end...

Quote:
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #99
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Its probably about time that I do an update with this build thread... Last August I got the wife mod and progress on the TJ slowed as I was busy doing other things.. I even got distracted and decided get a scale crawler. I bought a builder kit, and about half way through I lost interest and sold it. I wanted to put money into my big Jeep rather than spend it on a remote controlled vehicle.

So after selling that scale crawler, I took advantage of Rokmen's Christmas sale and snagged this.. I'm having it powdercoated by a local powdercoater and doing a zinc primer, which he tells me will help the finish stand the test of time.

My wife is awesome, and supports the jeeping hobby as long as I can keep food on the table... She got me this for christmas!

Some more parts coming!

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.