Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

tube fenders & 2" BB on 33's

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  randonlee25 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ran tube fenders and a 2" BB with 33's?
I was wondering if/how-bad they would rub offroad. Would I have to adjust the steering stops? I'm not looking for a BL, so I think the tube fenders+steering stop bump adjustment would allow me to run 33's (EDIT: and correct backspacing)

What do you guys think?

Pics would be nice :)

#2 ·
With 1.5-2" of bumpstop, tube fenders or a BL won't even be necessary for 33x12.50's. Just stick to a 15x8 and a standard size tire with 4.5-3.75" backspace.

I have 1.75" of bumpstop now (in prep for 35's on minimal lift) and it flexes and rides fine when disco'ed.

Tube fenders would allow you run less bumpstop, and flex more. So do whatever suits you.

#3 ·
Hey jcssurf, I don't want to highjack this post but could you post some pics of your setup? That's right in line with what I want. I'm looking at the Rusty's 2" with a 1" BL.

Along with the carpekd, does anyone have pics of PSC fenders or tube fenders like that with smallish lift and smaller tires (31-33's) ? I love those fenders but have only seen them on larger rigs.

#7 ·
I run a 2" BB with stock fenders and I've yet to rub with my 33s. I don't do a lot of "hardcore" off road but I've had my fair share of mud pits and haven't had a problem. By my guesstimate you'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.