Tub, spray in bed liner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tub, spray in bed liner?

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
jcm1983
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Tub, spray in bed liner?

Allright first time poster here...lets see if I posted in the right forum category...Well I just got a lj after wanting a cj for a long time, but I think I went right by going with the unlimited. Got a question for the board. Is it pretty common to get the tub lined with a spray in bed liner. The thought crossed my mind and I think its a good idea. anybody had experience with this? Maybe suggest someone in the houston area that would do a good job?

jcm1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to JF! Tub lining is pretty common and is a great idea. Line-x and rhinoliner are two of the commercial services, but one of the most common is herculiner which is a diy thing. Use the search function up top to get to know the Forum, and you'll find quite a few threads on the subject... literally almost 1 a day.
Unread 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I used U-Pol Raptor in mine. $125 for supplies, the kit, and all. Just provide an air compressor.

Here's my U-Pol thread from opening the box to the finished product:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have Line-X in my TJ. It is awesome, they spray it in very thick. It was very expensive to have done though. I recently rebuilt an old Bantam 1/4 ton trailer, and I sprayed the U-Pol in it myself. I have to say it turned out great.

After I was done with it, I wished I would have done the TJ myself with the U-Pol. I will say this, there is no comparison between the Line-X and the U-Pol. The Line-X blows it away and is more durable. If money isn't a concern, go with it. But for most, the U-Pol diy stuff will work just fine, and will be about $500 cheaper. I just don't think for inside a Jeep the Line-X is worth the cost. If I needed to do the bed of a pickup that was routinely loaded and was beaten on, then I'd say the Line-X is worth it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.