Tub Removal Guide? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tub Removal Guide?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
mjbinks
2011 JK Wrangler 

Tub Removal Guide?

Hey, rusted body mounts, (two right through). Looking to have some plates welded as a fix but it sounds like it may be better to replace the tub. Anyone got some advice on this?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone can steer me to a decent guide on how to remove the tub? Where are the worst spots on the frame for rust? Basically, I'm thinking I better check the frame before I bother lifting the tub.

Thanks to all!

M

mjbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

so its rusted through on the tub or on the frame? just go all over with the frame with a screwdriver and hammer and tap the screwdriver to check for rot. as far as replacing the tub, spray all the body mount bolts with pb blaster everyday for a few days, then remove them, remove the top, remove the fenders, disconnect everything attached to the tub as far as the front wiring harness etc. and lift it off.
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Frame-side rear lower control arm mounts. A little rust will turn 'em into swiss cheese.

That's where the frame starts to bend upward & there's no drain hole.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.