TRYING to install lift, poly isolator will not fit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TRYING to install lift, poly isolator will not fit

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

TRYING to install lift, poly isolator will not fit

We're in the middle of trying to install a RC 3 1/4" lift, when we came to the step of replacing the front spring it said to add the poly isolator spacer, but the spacer will not fit. The lip is getting caught and it will not go up any farther. what do we need to do?

HDHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

did you remove the factory bump stop cup? if so try using a little WD-40 to help it slide? My 3/4" spacer went on with no problem

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How do you remove the factory bump stop sups?
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

remove the rubber bumb stop and use a 15mm socket and take the cup thing off and it will slide right on
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you may need to use channel locks to grab onto the rubber bump stop to work it out, and remember, pb blaster is your friend!

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

OK thanks... got the bump stop off, but does the factory poly isolator need to come off also?
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've been trying to get my husband to use PB but he is fighting me on it... It has worked on all the places we've used it on already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjeepMan View Post
you may need to use channel locks to grab onto the rubber bump stop to work it out, and remember, pb blaster is your friend!
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i just did one of these lifts and i left the factory isolator on and it really made it look level.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you can either leave it in its stock position, or you can do what I did, and put the poly spacer above the isolator, the isolator will slide off with a little bit of convincing from mr flathead screwdriver...its a better look in my opinion and it gives you the same outcome. PB Blaster is magic in a can and that is all I have to say!

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Unread 07-27-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I love how the instructions say installation time 4-6 hours. I'm taking it that it means 4-6 hours to complete not 4 hours on just the drivers front side! Oh well I guess we'll start the other side tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help... I'm sure I'll need some more the deeper we get into it!
Unread 07-28-2010, 12:14 AM   #11
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

BFH it!
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

or cut it off and replace...some jeeps are old and grumpy
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #13
HDHD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So should I be worried that the passengers side front sway bar was broken off before we started the lift? Could this be the reason why that tire was rubbing when I would turn the wheel all the way on that side?
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Killeen, huh? I used to live at 3800 Sunflower Drive after I got out of the Army. Before that I lived in Copperas Cove behind Wal Mart.
cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

where was the sway bar broken? pictures? what size tires did you have and were they stock wheels?

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Tags
rc , lift , rough country lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.