True or false? On the "its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" saying... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > True or false? On the "its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" saying...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-26-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
Jeep84CJ7

True or false? On the "its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" saying...

True or false?

Jeep drivers who have a sticker saying "Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" really don't understand.

Previous Jeep:
'84 CJ7 Renegade
Jeep84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

False. Some may not think that sticker is "cool enough" and I personally wouldn't run it, but I give anyone running it credit for truly getting into the Jeep thing.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
quadna71
2001 XJ Cherokee 

umm, what he said

(20lettersormore)

2003 TJ Sport - sold, 2000 TJ Sport - sold
1993 XJ Sport - totaled, 1987 XJ Laredo - sold
1987 XJ Chief - sold, 1953 CJ-3B - sold
quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 11:09 AM   #4
Jim Shanks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have a license frame thingy on the back of mine that says that. Wife got it for my birthday. Personally I think that what it means is there just isn't anything else like a Jeep and until you have ope and experience it for yourself what it can really do, you just really "Don't Understand". They are built for aftermarket parts and go just about anywhere you aim them. Plus the doors / top / & windshield all come off. And when something breaks you spend just that much more money of them. Kind of like a portal directly attached to the wallet. Any other vehicle if it started breaking parts left and right and needed attention "all the time" people would more than likely trade off, but not a Jeep.

Jim
Jim Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 11:35 AM   #5
ForkLift

well said Jim Shanks

I also look at like this. I'll wave to another jeeper because he can relate to me and I to him/her. Like when your caught in a rain storm with your top down. Or at the fact that we can both take our tops and doors of a will. These are just some of the things that nobody but another jeep owner would understand or relate to. The "wave", and "Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" sticker both say it best.
Unread 12-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #6
ajpthng03

false... i have the sticker and i understand.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
--Theodore Roosevelt
ajpthng03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 02:03 PM   #7
Brock

Uh, why is this posted in every tech section?

Its a general discussion thing, Jeep84CJ7 doesn't understand.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 02:28 PM   #8
04JeepTJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm. I tried to pull my doors and top off my XJ. I guess I don't understand
Unread 12-26-2003, 02:45 PM   #9
Jim Shanks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, I have a Dewalt sawzall that should be able to help with that.
Jim Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 03:22 PM   #10
RMeak
1955 CJ5 

I was recently Jeepless for a short while and I was about to come out of my skin. What the "jeep thing" means to me is the sense of freedom and adventure that a "go anywhere" vehicle brings to what I would have to say a good group of people. The pride of ownership can only be compared to those who own Harleys. Just like Harley owners we think our Jeeps are the best thing since sliced bread. A friend onced asked me "why a Jeep" and my reply was..."It is kinda like having sex...sure I can hve sex with my wife with a condom but why. Sure it is sex and most guys would be happy with that; not me. I would rather trail a Jeep than anything else....sure you can wheel a Toyota but why, its not a Jeep". No I do not have the sticker but I do believe in the saying.
Unread 12-26-2003, 03:54 PM   #11
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Its just a sticker...doesn't mean you do or don't understand. Unless I don't understand
Unread 12-26-2003, 04:29 PM   #12
halfmoonclip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

RM has it figured out with the Harley analogy (I'm a little panicked where he is going with the condom business..... )
Somebody said Jeeps are like Harleys you can drive in the wintertime, and that is about right. Both have odd quirks, and in some ways are brand new antiques.
I have never fallen off my Jeep, nor has my Jeep tipped over, but both are possible.
In any case, saw my first Jeep at a Harley shop in 1953; been hooked ever since.
Moon
'07 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD-da kid's ride
Goodbye Old Blue XJ; 10+yrs, 100K+ miles; virtually trouble free; Long may you run!
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 07:38 PM   #13
Jeepxj96

I understand, at least I think I do. Does putting every cent you can afford into your Jeep count?! And ditching your friends to go wheelin count?! This week I went to the mall and I saw a lifted red Cherokee, it was HUGE and he had that sticker (Its A Jeep Thing You Wouldent Understand). So I stopped to talk to him. He said I got it cause it can go anywhere. I agreed and then I proceded to ask him where he goes wheelin. He looked at me like I had 2 heads. He said wheelin? I dont take this wheelin. I laughed and said I had to go.

Bob
Unread 12-26-2003, 08:41 PM   #14
Joey791

proud jeep owner!!! When i had a motorcycle i got the waves from fellow bikers. Same thing with the jeep, My son once asked me why did he wave at you, I told him he is felloe jeeper and we are just signaling to each other as a way of saying enjoy the ride and the jeep. You don't see honda,ford or any other cars doing that. The nice thing about owning a jeep is you can change add or remove almost anything and then do it again....lol
Joey791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 08:49 PM   #15
opiv
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't understand the sticker because it assumes that the person reading it is not also driving a Jeep. There is even a guy who lives near me with a KJ that has one on his windsheild. That proves the sticker is pointless.
opiv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.