Troubleshooting power to blower motor relay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Troubleshooting power to blower motor relay

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Elanor01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Troubleshooting power to blower motor relay

My blower motor was not working on any speed. I got it working, however it keeps working even when the ignition is off and key out.

To get it working, I shorted across the contacts (inside the relay housing) 4/1. (*- See wiring diagram link below) This made the blower work on all 4 speeds. Before I did this, I also checked the relay, and it worked. (Didn't expect that.) So, I measured the voltage across the relay socket, 5/2 zero volts, okay, may .5 volts. I then measured 5-ground; and 2- ground. Again, maybe .5 volts (with the ignition on, and the a/c heat control NOT off.

So, while it works, the only way you can turn the blower motor off is the a/c heater control to off. If you leave it on any other settings (NOT Off), even with the key out, the blower motor stays on one of the four power settings.

So: I know the motor works, the relay (used to work, now shorted contact), the resister bank works and the blower motor control all work. Yet, I'm not getting 12vdc to the blower motor relay coil.

My question: where should I be looking for a problem?

* 2001 Jeep Wrangler Blower Motor Wiring Diagram: http://www.justanswer.com/jeep/2l2v3...not-start.html

Elanor01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.