Trouble Starting Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trouble Starting Jeep

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-18-2004, 03:24 PM   #1
Snowman01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Trouble Starting Jeep

I have a 01 TJ that doesn't like to start.

Temperature has nothing to do with this problem. In the morning is doesn't like to start, if I take it to the store and am in the store for 5 minutes it doesn't like to start. Today it got worse.

Today it finally started after about 6 tries. I went about 5 miles down the road went in the store and when I got out, the same thing. 5 or 6 turns of the key and it finally started.

It seems to be getting worse.

Please help before I get stranded somewhere!!

Snowman

[COLOR=navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #30[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Hurricane Jeep Club Member #3[/COLOR]
2001 Wrangler Sport 4.0L
Teraflex 3T
Mickey Thompson Classic II
BFG AT KO 33X12.50
Snowman01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
ProfessorCRX
Web Wheeler

It's kinda hard to diagnose sitting at a computer. It sould be an air, fuel, or spark problem. How long has it been since you changed your air filter? How are your plugs and wires looking?
ProfessorCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
JeepKidd

Hey,
I have had the same problem. Crank the engine for only 15 seconds at a time, no longer! If that doesnt work after 2 trys, what helps is to press the gas all the way in, start cranking the engine, then pull the gas out. It should catch. I was told it was either the fuel pump or the fuel pressurizer. Personally, im not going to spend $500, or whatever it would cost, to have my fuel pump fixed if i can get my jeep started, even if i do have to press the gas in everytime. Instant Message me if you have anymore questions, i think we are experiencing the same problem.
98 Green TJ
RE BB
Rubicon Springs
31X10.5 BFG A/Ts
15x8 AR-767
AtoZ Rocksliders
2 Hella 500 Driving Lighs
2 Delta Fog Lights
JeepKidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.